bought memory 16gb micro sd card questions

everstar80

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I purchased the sandisk 16gb microsd card for my droid 2. With all the info from the blogs ive read about the problems with buying them from ebay or other sale sites i fiqured since im a newbie that it would be better to get it at the local vzw store and aire on the side of caution. Anyways, the question I have is after formatting the card the external memory only has 14.81 gb total and internal is fine with about 6.5gb. Basically how can I optimize and maximize my memory so that it leaves more space on my phone for the rest of my music and media downloads. I'm going to need it while I'm recovering from surgery next week and with alot of downtime and physical therapy over several weeks. Any pointers or apps that could help out? Greatly appreciate any advice.dancedroid

OP
E

everstar80

Reaction score
Updated instead to the 32gb memory to do statistical analyses for my thesis, but still don’t get how after formatting that the external max is only like 29.71 when the original card read at 7.40. Anyone know why that may be?

scottrwood

Reaction score
You lose some memory due to "capacity loss" in manufacturing and a bit more due to space allocation for system files that allow the memory to be accessed more efficiently. You will notice that you lose more space the larger the memory card.