Possibly selling my DROID 2

Willheis

Reaction score
Ok, so after hearing about iOS 5, im really thinking about selling my D2 and getting the iphone 5. What all would I have to do to the phone to make it useable for another person? Or is it even possible for someone else to use an already activated verizon phone since it doesn't have a sim card?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

destes37

Reaction score
Factory restore wioll set you straight if your not rooted. Flash sbf if you are rooted. But since the iphone 5 isn't available yet, don't move so fast :) Enjoy all that Android has to offer.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
But since the iphone 5 isn't available yet, don't move so fast :) Enjoy all that Android has to offer.

This
Plus I wouldn't jump on the iphone band wagon yet droid is easily customizable to your liking

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Willheis

Willheis

Reaction score
Yeh, I know you can root and customize and all that stuff, but I just want a phone that's reliable and actually gets updates when they say you will get them. Don't get me wrong, I love my droid, but the problems almost out-weight the good things. Some of the things that bug me are problems like: phone freezing, having to force close multiple apps, random reboots, touch screen not responding, and so on. But I guess i'll wait till the GB update and see if it fixes anything. If they ever send it out for the D2 that is. :p

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
I believe you can get the update. I think tbh released it for the x and 2? But don't quote me on that cause I'm not sure. If anything I would give apple the benefit of the doubt of having reliable touchscreen. But some of that other stuff could be software related issues and maybe the touchscreen stuff too but you might want to look into that tbh gb leak

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX

OP
Willheis

Willheis

Reaction score
Yeh, that's the only problem with android devices. There's so many of them! After a new android device comes out the previous models pretty much become obsolete and they don't get the updates. But with apple, they have the same phone, which always gets new updates. I just wish all the carriers offering android phones would just slow down and actually make a quality phone that doesn't need multiple updates that fix things that could have easily been fixed if they hadn't rushed a new phone out.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Factory restore wioll set you straight if your not rooted. Flash sbf if you are rooted.

Plus your account must be in good standing so the device is not blacklisted....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeh, that's the only problem with android devices. There's so many of them! After a new android device comes out the previous models pretty much become obsolete and they don't get the updates. But with apple, they have the same phone, which always gets new updates. I just wish all the carriers offering android phones would just slow down and actually make a quality phone that doesn't need multiple updates that fix things that could have easily been fixed if they hadn't rushed a new phone out.

I wish users of Android phones learned how to use them and what to do if you have an issue instead of complaining about it. Trust me, iPhones, iPads. They have issues too.

I wish people would quit complaining. If you ever owned a Blackberry Storm you'd be grateful everyday that you have a Droid. You'd realize how smooth they are and not complain.

When were you planning on getting the iPhone 5? Last rumor I heard was September, but I think with the crisis in Japan you can throw that date out the window.

So why are you posting OP about selling a phone for something that doesn't even exist? You have no idea what the features will be. It probably won't be 4G. What's the point here?

OP
Willheis

Willheis

Reaction score
Ha, ok so what's the point of this forum then? All I see are people asking questions about the problems with their phones. All I asked was a simple question, and you have to go and be a jerkoff and say im complaining about my phone. Why don't you go and tell that to everyone else who has a question then, hmm?

gthotie5

Reaction score
Hey android fanboys! You guys need to calm down he didn't ask if he should do it or not, or if you like IOS better then Android.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
Don't sell. Keep it to experiment with incase you want to revert back. IOS5 isn't coming out until fall. Save your money and wait for iPhone 5

OP
Willheis

Willheis

Reaction score
Don't sell. Keep it to experiment with incase you want to revert back. IOS5 isn't coming out until fall. Save your money and wait for iPhone 5

Yup, that's what I plan on doing. Lol