Selling my droid

bigsal82

Reaction score
Im thinking about selling my droid and upgrading within the next month. What should i do prior to selling it. How should i factory reset the phone where none of my personal data is in danger. Im aware of RSD lite but that will take it back to 2.0.1. I have performed this method before and am comfortable with it. Just want to see what other methods exist.

Thanks in advance

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im thinking about selling my droid and upgrading within the next month. What should i do prior to selling it. How should i factory reset the phone where none of my personal data is in danger. Im aware of RSD lite but that will take it back to 2.0.1. I have performed this method before and am comfortable with it. Just want to see what other methods exist.

Thanks in advance

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/42527-how-hard-reset-your-droid.html

That's for instructions on a hard factory data reset, which is what I would do.

I'm assuming you are rooted? If you are sell it rooted, people will pay money for that. Matter of fact put Froyo 2 and a custom rom on it.

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
Put it on 2.0.1 and then sell it. The update for the buyer should happen fairly quickly.

OP
B

bigsal82

Reaction score

Thanks in advance

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/42527-how-hard-reset-your-droid.html

I'm assuming you are rooted? If you are sell it rooted, people will pay money for that. Matter of fact put Froyo 2 and a custom rom on it.

Yes im rooted from 2.0.1. I was thinking if a wipe data and factory reset in recovery would be sufficient and just throwing a custom Froyo rom like CM6 on there. But than i thought about my sd card which i intend to sell with my phone. Do i just format sd card from the settings menu?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance

Yes im rooted from 2.0.1. I was thinking if a wipe data and factory reset in recovery would be sufficient and just throwing a custom Froyo rom like CM6 on there. But than i thought about my sd card which i intend to sell with my phone. Do i just format sd card from the settings menu?

Yep, format it that will wipe it out.

nygh

Reaction score
If you are looking to sell to someone in Ohio, Im your man.

Send me a message.

alitke

Reaction score
Please also let me know if you decide to sell it. I am possibly looking to buy my wife a android phone. i live in NE ohio also.

akito

Reaction score
i am planning on selling my droid if i get my upgrade to a droid x within a week. still waiting to here back from a verizon manager. i got it rooted running blackdroid v10. i al live in NE Ohio, let me know if your interested