Possible virus

densetsu86

Reaction score
Ok so im pretty sure my x2 has a virus on it or at the least some form of trojen horse. I was using a friends charger and when I plugged it in I immediately lost touch screen abilities and it looked like someone else was controlling it. It started loading up my internet browser, my contacts list, my emails etc. I could use my physical keys to back out and it tried to load some other app that I did not have installed (or one that I froze). And when I unplugged I immediately had full control over my phone again. And to test I plugged it back in and everything started to repeat itself.

So I was wondering would a factory data reset work or do I need to sbf my phone to fix this.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Reaction score
It's not a virus. You plug in somebody's charger and the phone goes wonky. You unplug and it's back to normal. Obviously the problem is the charger. It's probably not putting out the proper voltage. Hopefully you didn't do permanent damage to your phone.

estafusisx

Reaction score
Every android phone does this when you put the wrong voltage through it. Don't use that charger and you'll be fine

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

igknight

Reaction score
I have had my OG Droid destroyed by a car charger that I bought at the same time from Verizon due to that issue. Have not seen it on the Droid X or X2, but incorrect voltage and do some damage to any device.

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
I have heard the same thing from many people. The wrong voltage really whacks the phone out. Most people said that using the correct charger fixes the problem.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums