possible to restore old backups?

islander90

Reaction score
So I'm getting a D3 soon, but I was thinking... if I backup my apps (and more importantly app data like game saves and stuff) using Titanium Backup, I won't be able to restore them on the D3 because it's not rooted, correct?

So does anyone have any good solutions to backup up data like that and restoring without root?

TIA!

Raptor007

Reaction score
Until it's rooted you won't be able to use titanium backups, devs are working, its just a matter of time until they find an exploit.

creaky

Reaction score
My backup pro doesn't require root.

sent from my Cyanogenmodded X

OP
I

islander90

Reaction score
My backup pro doesn't require root.

sent from my Cyanogenmodded X

does it definitely do what I want it to do? I tried a few free "backup" apps last night and they all seem to just basically save the apk file but none of the data along with it. I was testing with Angry Birds..... backup, uninstall, restore, and see if my game progress is saved. My Backup Pro is $5; is it worth it and will it do what I want?

creaky

Reaction score
You can backup apps, data, and photos on my backup pro either to your SD card or to a remote server. You do not need root to do this. Ultimately, I think Titanium Backup Pro is better but you need root for that. I got MBP in case of a disaster where I could not obtain root after an sbf, etc.

OP
I

islander90

Reaction score
I hadn't really read in-depth about MBP earlier, but I just saw on their info page that it says "NOTE: Data/setting of applications can only be supported if you have a rooted phone, or if the application integrates with us."

So it would let me backup all the data, but without root on the D3, it probably wouldn't let me restore the data. I'll probably just go through all my apps and figure out which ones need data backed up. Angry Birds has apps that support savegames and restores... and a few of my apps like aCar and ColorNote have internal backup abilities. I just gotta go through my 180+ apps and figure out which ones I actually CARE about.

Thanks for the tip though; I may still try MBP out to just see what it's capable of. we'll see.