Need help backing up and restoring SMS

technomannt

Reaction score
I had an original Droid and just upgraded to the Droid 3 last week. I rooted my Droid 1 and used an app called MyBackup Pro to backup the SMS, MMS, etc. onto the SD card. When I tried using that app on the Droid 3 to restore all of my SMS texts, it restored them all without any date. So, for example, the most recent one has the time of when the restore finished. Is there an app that will backup and restore them all with the date? Thanks!

solar

Reaction score
If you install Handcent SMS, it has the ability to backup and restore. You create a free handcent account within the app to do it.

OP
T

technomannt

Reaction score
Handcent

I tried signing up for Handcent, but in order to do any backup, you have to pay to become a VIP member.

solar

Reaction score
My Backup pro also does it; at least the pro version does. not sure about the free version.

OP
T

technomannt

Reaction score
I used SMS Backup and Restore for mine. All dates are intact.

I just tried that one. When I restored the backup to the new phone, the dates and timestamps are correct when I looked at them from Chomp SMS or Handcent. However, if I go to the stock messaging app, the dates still aren't there.

solar

Reaction score
I used SMS Backup and Restore for mine. All dates are intact.

I just tried that one. When I restored the backup to the new phone, the dates and timestamps are correct when I looked at them from Chomp SMS or Handcent. However, if I go to the stock messaging app, the dates still aren't there.

Hmmm, interesting. I always use handcent so I haven't noticed the problem with the default , text program. I can try to test it late with my spare phone, but I'm not sure if it will be something fixable. Are you planning on using the default txt prog?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums