1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I need assistance in finding a backup app..

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by StewieJr, Dec 31, 2009.

1. StewieJr

StewieJr New Member

I have MyBackup Pro - and it's honestly one, if not, THE best backup app I currently use. But one of my main "blah"s about it is that you can't combine backups - ie, when I restore SMS - it deletes my current SMS.

I'm trying to find an app that doesn't overwrite my SMS/MMS threads when I want to restores - and instead just adds to the threads.

One work around I've found was using another app SMS Backup & Restore - where it saves the SMSs in an xml file - so I can just edit the xml and combine two xml backups.

I'm trying to do the same with my MMS however - and I've yet to find some way to do so.

Heh, that might have been confusing, but if anyone can help out, I'd really appreciate it :)
  2. srothkin

srothkin New Member

While in the main MyBackup screen, hit the menu button and tap options. There are a bunch of checkboxes under Restore Settings -- one of them is Append SMS. I haven't tried it, but I suspect if you check that and then restore SMS messages that they will be added to what you already have instead of replacing them.