Ports on top of the phone!!

breedingh8

Reaction score
i kinda like it on top because i also leave my phone in the cup holder in my car lol

Use my nav dock but i like top ports for charging on my izel home dock and hdmi at same time and still can geab a call with out cables in my way

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I havent really thought about it...but I agree its better on top of the phone, for me. Looking at Netflix on my HDTV and wanting to charge it at the same time, its more convenient on top. Playing a game connected to the HDTV, the HDMI cord isnt in the way. When I say its not in the way...I'm comparing it to my Droid X1.

It is a cleaner look. And I have Bluetooth in my car so I have no need to actually hold the phone in the car. Easier to hear and talk coming thu the car audio system too.

Yeah same for me when I first got it...then when I went to work I set it at the edge of my cubicle and run the charging cable down the back. So the way I set my phone it plugs it right at the top...perfect placement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

For someone like me that isnt supposed to have a cellphone in the office...its easier to hide and charge. On top of the PC or leaning beside it on the floor, its well hidden.

ablank

Reaction score
Haha I like your style man. Ports on top are a 1+ for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jacobjer

Reaction score
You guys win...took me a little bit to get used to. The micro port and hdmi are so similar in size i would have liked a little separation...personal preference only.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
I could care less where the ports are, but Im sure at some point we are going to talk while it's charged. So with that said, does it feel like there's extra weight talking while it's being charged due to the weight of the wire; or is it minuscule even bringing this question up?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
When charging in my truck and having the wire on top, I have to hold the wire while talking to it does not come out. I guess the car charger I have does not have the longest cord so there is quite a bit a tension and it tends to pull the phone away from my ear.

hiimjered

Reaction score
I like the location of the ports well enough, but I do wish they had a built-in cover of some kind. I just worry about a little moisture dripping inside when it is raining.