1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Razr / Razr Maxx "line-out" questions

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by rgthorpe, Jul 17, 2012.

1. rgthorpe

rgthorpe New Member

I know that the Razr car kits have included a micro-usb cable that branched out to a micro-usb plug and a 3.5 mm audio jack, so the Razr is capable of putting out (analog) audio through the micro-usb port. I would like to know (a) is this a true line-out (bypassing the Razr's own amp / volume control) or just a redirected headphone output, and (b) what triggers the switch of audio from the headphone jack to the usb -- is it a resistor between pins 4 and 5 as on some other phones (and if so, what value) or is there some other circuitry in the dock itself? (If it is just a resistor, then I would think it would be an easy matter to put together my own cable for this purpose.)
  2. mattman5000

mattman5000 Member

I'm almost positive that there was a thread on this site with a full discussion about that cable and how to build one, with pictures and everything. I just did a quick search and did not find it, but I didn't spend much time searching.
  3. rgthorpe

rgthorpe New Member

I've spent a good amount of time googling, and while I've found instructions for diy usb-otg and factory cables I haven't found anything thus far on a diy line-out.
Search tags for this page
audio line out of droid razr
does the droid razr maxx have usb audio out?

droid razr line out

droid razr line out jack size

droid razr maxx line out

is the razr maxx otg compatible
lineoutnotworkingdroidrazr
motorola razr maxx headphone pinout
otterbox defender
output amperage for razr phones
razr maxx line out stopped working
razr maxx usb for audio out?
resistor between pins 4 and 5 of the micro-usb razr maxx
use the droid razr maxx line out cord