Portable Charger for Droid Inc

agilpwd

Reaction score
Going on vacation soon and anticipate using my phone a lot for various apps during the day, while away from any outlet.

I am looking at the Brookstone Quick Charge and the Zagg Sparq. I have seen one thread about the Sparq, and apparently the jury is still out for him. :)

Any other experience? At a glance, the Zagg is slightly larger/heavier (will be carrying it in my bag all day) but appears to provide more charge. Would appreciate any actual user input though.

Thanks!

frederick001

Reaction score
I've been using the solBat II and like it a lot:
solBAT II - Solar Powered Backup Battery and Charger

You charge up the battery pack either via USB or solar and I've been able to get one full charge of my droid x (if it is on during while charging), or 2 charges if I turn it off to charge.

The solar part is ok, it takes a long time to recharge the battery pack, but at least if you are out and about it can juice up a little.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i've been wanting to buy one of these for a while. the sparq looks really good but its expensive.
i might try that schosche one. i dont think i'd use the solar that much, but i guess itd be nice to know i can. and one charge is probably all i need at one time. i think i'll buy it. thanks for showing me that

YoungVan

Reaction score
The portable charger provides convenient, reliable power when you can't plug in.So better to have good one.Inquire with dealer first b4 buying.