Portable Charger for Droid Inc

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by agilpwd, Aug 7, 2010.

1. agilpwd

agilpwd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Going on vacation soon and anticipate using my phone a lot for various apps during the day, while away from any outlet.

I am looking at the Brookstone Quick Charge and the Zagg Sparq. I have seen one thread about the Sparq, and apparently the jury is still out for him. :)

Any other experience? At a glance, the Zagg is slightly larger/heavier (will be carrying it in my bag all day) but appears to provide more charge. Would appreciate any actual user input though.

Thanks!

2. sharondet

sharondet Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know about those chargers, but I use IGo chargers that use batteries when I'm away from outlets.

3. frederick001

frederick001 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been using the solBat II and like it a lot:
    solBAT II - Solar Powered Backup Battery and Charger

You charge up the battery pack either via USB or solar and I've been able to get one full charge of my droid x (if it is on during while charging), or 2 charges if I turn it off to charge.

The solar part is ok, it takes a long time to recharge the battery pack, but at least if you are out and about it can juice up a little.

4. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i've been wanting to buy one of these for a while. the sparq looks really good but its expensive.
    i might try that schosche one. i dont think i'd use the solar that much, but i guess itd be nice to know i can. and one charge is probably all i need at one time. i think i'll buy it. thanks for showing me that

5. YoungVan

YoungVan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The portable charger provides convenient, reliable power when you can't plug in.So better to have good one.Inquire with dealer first b4 buying.