Port issues?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Rickenbacker4001, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Rickenbacker4001

Rickenbacker4001 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    samsung galaxy s3
    I'm curious to know what the general consensus has been with port issues for Samsung Galaxy s3's- s6.
    I understand the S3s (including my own), are prone to ports that act up/erratic charging etc. But were those issues fixed for later models?

Thanks!

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    You say there are port issues for the S3 - S6. S6 is the current Sammy device and I have not heard of any port issues.

3. Rickenbacker4001

Rickenbacker4001 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    samsung galaxy s3
    But had you heard of any port issues for the S3-S5s? Is it a common problem?

4. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    I have only heard of issues with abused phones. No general failures.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,707
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    The port got loose on my S3 after 2 years using the stock charging cable. (I was pretty hard on that device though) I used a third party cable that worked great for another 6 months before donating the device to a friend of mine. He used it for about 6 months with a third party cable as well, but also used wireless charging. He then donated it to another friend of ours who continues to use it to this day. I only know of one other S3 member on our S3 sister site who had a problem with their charging port wearing out. A little over a year and a half now and the charging port on my S5 still works great. Nice and snug, no signs of wear or tear. Overall, I wouldn't consider this to be a "common" problem on the Galaxy S series you mentioned.
    I just recently donated my S1 to a friend and the charging port (with stock usb cable) on that one still works fine 5 1/2 years later.
    As @Jeffrey mentioned, as long as the device is relatively well taken care of, you shouldn't have a problem.

S5 tap'n

• Like Like x 2