Port issues?

Rickenbacker4001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung galaxy s3
I'm curious to know what the general consensus has been with port issues for Samsung Galaxy s3's- s6.
I understand the S3s (including my own), are prone to ports that act up/erratic charging etc. But were those issues fixed for later models?

Thanks!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
You say there are port issues for the S3 - S6. S6 is the current Sammy device and I have not heard of any port issues.

OP
R

Rickenbacker4001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung galaxy s3
You say there are port issues for the S3 - S6. S6 is the current Sammy device and I have not heard of any port issues.

But had you heard of any port issues for the S3-S5s? Is it a common problem?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The port got loose on my S3 after 2 years using the stock charging cable. (I was pretty hard on that device though) I used a third party cable that worked great for another 6 months before donating the device to a friend of mine. He used it for about 6 months with a third party cable as well, but also used wireless charging. He then donated it to another friend of ours who continues to use it to this day. I only know of one other S3 member on our S3 sister site who had a problem with their charging port wearing out. A little over a year and a half now and the charging port on my S5 still works great. Nice and snug, no signs of wear or tear. Overall, I wouldn't consider this to be a "common" problem on the Galaxy S series you mentioned.
I just recently donated my S1 to a friend and the charging port (with stock usb cable) on that one still works fine 5 1/2 years later.
As @Jeffrey mentioned, as long as the device is relatively well taken care of, you shouldn't have a problem.

S5 tap'n