Mini USB Port Loose

Taco

Reaction score
I've been all excited after flashing a few roms to my phone and enjoying all the great features I haven't had before. Unfortunately there is a little downside to my fun. Lately I've noticed quite a bit of play in my mini usb port on the phone where you plug it in for data transfers and of course to charge. I can wiggle it (the port) but just brushing up against the cord while it's plugged into my phone.

I don't know what could've caused this to happen, as I really treat my phone like it's a new born baby. I've searched these forums for this issue and came up dry, but found many people on google with the issue, none who mentioned a resolution to it.

I suppose I should just unroot and return to stock and take the darn thing into Verizon. I just really don't want one of those darn Refurbished Like New pieces of junk. My friend went through 4 of them already and I don't really want to screw around with that ... not to mention I sure don't want to get stuck with a DI or a D2.

I suppose my last question would be, is there a known way to fix this issue or am I stuck hoping it lasts? Or will I have to test my luck on a "new" phone?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Chances are it is just going to get worse...when you get a CLN device from Verizon if it is not up to par you don't have to accept it, eventually you might not be able to charge or flash an SBF back to stock

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
Chances are it is just going to get worse...when you get a CLN device from Verizon if it is not up to par you don't have to accept it, eventually you might not be able to charge or flash an SBF back to stock

In theory if the port were to actually stop working, couldn't I just use a friends charged battery and download off of my drop box the Full FRG22D OTA then using SPRecovery wipe and flash it as though it were a rom?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You would still have a custom recovery installed which would reveal that root was attained at one point of ownership