Pops every 5secs during app's audio playback

Reaction score
Music played with the music app sounds fine, but I use the app Relax and Sleep (an ambient noise machine) and there is a pop in the audio every 5 seconds. I've tried several different versions of the app and they all do it. It did it before I rooted and after. It's a problem because I use the constant "Hum of Air Conditioner" to drown out other sounds so I can sleep, but the pops are so abrupt that it freaks me out.

I read complaints of Netflix doing something similar, but an update fixed the issue.

Does anyone have this problem in any audio app or know why it happens?

OP
C
Reaction score
Can somebody download the free app Relax and Sleep from the market and run "Hum of Air Conditioner" to see if the sound is continuous? Mine pops every few seconds and I want to know if I should take my Bionic back before it's too late.

Thanks

Frodo_lives

Reaction score
Have the same problem same program. tried other sound machines and they do as well. Droid Bionic :icon_evil: might send back this phone if i can't figure it out. Have not tried music yet.

Smeech

Reaction score
Tried it on rooted, OTA .893 Th3oryROM, same issue. Doubt it's the phone, I wouldn't consider returning a phone if a 3rd party app doesn't work. The dev notes that a recent update made the app compatible with newer devices, point being it probably needs another update to fix that issue. Have you contacted the dev?

I'd do that first.

sevenwords

Reaction score
Try turning off 4G. Mine makes pops and static interference when listening to music sometimes but when I turn off 4G it goes away.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jeremym

Reaction score
perhaps the bug fix that is coming in November will address this? People hear the same noises when using audio play back of songs. Might be the same issue.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I put it on my Bionic and tried the sound you are using. My phone has both the 5.5.893 and the 5.6.893 leaked updates on my phone. These updates solved all my data connection issue, music stuttering, headphone hiss/whine and the camera issues. However, your app and that sound selection did "pop" every 5-6 seconds. I tried switching to 3G only and then even put the phone in Airplane mode and the pops continued. My hunch is that the app is not properly written for Ginger Bread and the dev will issue an update. Contact him/them.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thank you for checking. For some reason it worked fine on my OG Droid running CM7. Guess I'll just have to wait til the app is fixed.