PLEASE stop crying about FROYO

floyd

Reaction score
I'm really happy rooted running froyo overclocked with no bloatware, and Flash and tethering. But better cut and paste functionality across apps is critical.

I think that this kind of basic functionality, like reformatting the browser text after pinch and zoom, are more important than bells and whistles.

KukiKid

Reaction score
A comment on the poll. One of the choices really cracks me up: "When it's done right and bug free." That day would never arrive. There isn't an OS out there that is completely bug free.
I guess Steve Jobs didn't get the memo LOL!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I doubt the issue is the tethering. It's already taking people to the VZW site to sign-up for tethering on the included USB tether. Now, maybe they do have some issues with the billing and authorization and possibly some bugs, but it seems like they already have the structure in place.

OP
B

BigOldBear

Reaction score
I am NOT a Droid "newbie" - Just new to this forum. I have had the Droid since BEFORE 2.1.
In any case - I would prefer a system that WORKS - and works WELL.
:r_c:
I don't LIKE big bugs, I don't want "walk-arounds"
Been there, Done that, Got the Tee shirt - Burned it. :yeahbaby01:

Let's maintain the power of Android :lifting:

Reaction score
Everyone seems to be hollering, screaming, crying "foul" because they haven't gotten Froyo as yet. Everyone is painting Motorola and suppliers into a corner.

EVIDENTLY it is not ready for final publication. Evidently the companies feel they don't want to have an "antenna-gate".

Do you want it correct, do you want it right, or would you rather have problems? Duh? dancedroid
EVIDENTLY, it is not a Google or Motorola issue, as much as it is a Big Red issue. Android phones are running 2.2 already (stock). That tells me the software is stable. I will bet VZW's problem is the native tethering offered with 2.2. Once the unlimited data plans go away, look for the FroYo OTA push to start. VZW is protecting their network, if you want FroYo NOW, then root and get it!
PS: I vote for option 5, I have it and have been running it. No complaints here.

I'll second the root and get it option. That allows the user to decide if it's too buggy or not. I rooted at 2.0.1 with ADB and a guide that was missing essential parts. Some bugs I can work around or fix. Big Red can do as it pleases. If you can't wait and are not able to root or work with code then LEARN HOW or be quiet...

bje1982

Reaction score
People are just anxious and want more and more out of there device. This is what's helped Android to the point its at and only shows how popular the OS is.

I guess you could call it whining but I'm sure if I was a developer it would give me more confidence and challenge seeing how bad people want more and trying to keep up with it. This would make me happy if I made apps, roms or w.e. and would make me want to keep improving.

It does get annoying sometimes but think of the positives, people like that are what helped get all the advancements we've had with Android :motdroidvert:

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Everyone seems to be hollering, screaming, crying "foul" because they haven't gotten Froyo as yet. Everyone is painting Motorola and suppliers into a corner.

EVIDENTLY it is not ready for final publication. Evidently the companies feel they don't want to have an "antenna-gate".

Do you want it correct, do you want it right, or would you rather have problems? Duh? dancedroid

Its my froyo and i'll cry if i want to, cry if i want(well you get it) :)
goto droid life we are in attena gate i think jobs has lost his mind!
i dont care when they release it because i run it now and better thn what they will release and that is why i will never buy a phone that cannot be rooted and rommed like the droid. I think wht some dont understand is the droid nov2009 was advertised as flash q1 2010 its now about august and non rooted still dotn have flash, and that will increase data usage thus the delay to insure they dont become ATT . and as so many have said 2.1 was a circus not much talk about froyo because we all learned our lesson and rooted. I sat and waited and waited for 2.1 . Only problem is by the time froyo comes out we will be bored with it while non rooted people get to be excited so theres good and bad either way. now when is gingerbread getting released?

ThisIsMyName

Reaction score
Those "in the know" already have it or a ROM based on it.

If you want FroYo that bad, root your phone and download Cyanogen or Bugless Beast FroYo ROMs and deal with the bugs or wait patiently for Motorola to release the official version.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
EVIDENTLY, it is not a Google or Motorola issue, as much as it is a Big Red issue. Android phones are running 2.2 already (stock). That tells me the software is stable.
Not quite. Just because a Froyo build on one device is stable doesn't mean that Froyo is suddenly stable (or available, for that matter) for all devices. Like scissors, be careful when running with assumptions.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not quite. Just because a Froyo build on one device is stable doesn't mean that Froyo is suddenly stable (or available, for that matter) for all devices. Like scissors, be careful when running with assumptions.

Yeah, flashing roms makes it pretty clear that not all devices are created equal. Different Droids have different issues with the same roms and kernels. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but I think when you consider how integrated different programs and services can be that's a lot of moving parts that can and probably do cause issues.