PLEASE stop crying about FROYO

BigOldBear

Reaction score
Everyone seems to be hollering, screaming, crying "foul" because they haven't gotten Froyo as yet. Everyone is painting Motorola and suppliers into a corner.

EVIDENTLY it is not ready for final publication. Evidently the companies feel they don't want to have an "antenna-gate".

Do you want it correct, do you want it right, or would you rather have problems? Duh? dancedroid

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Maybe you weren't around when everyone was waiting for the 2.1 update. That was much worse. I think people are handling the waiting for froyo much better.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Maybe you weren't around when everyone was waiting for the 2.1 update. That was much worse. I think people are handling the waiting for froyo much better.

Haha, I completely agree. Not only was it worse but people were CONSTANTLY complaining about wanting it, and yet the 2.1 update was so tiny...

armeddroid

Reaction score
The wait for 2.1 brought out the worst in many members on all Android forums. Lmao
It was wild. Very amusing.

and I type this from my Droid.

coolkidd

Reaction score
Compared to Eclair, Froyo is definitely not getting too much attention.... Bring GingerBread already! LOL!

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be hollering, screaming, crying "foul" because they haven't gotten Froyo as yet. Everyone is painting Motorola and suppliers into a corner.

EVIDENTLY it is not ready for final publication. Evidently the companies feel they don't want to have an "antenna-gate".

Do you want it correct, do you want it right, or would you rather have problems? Duh? dancedroid
EVIDENTLY, it is not a Google or Motorola issue, as much as it is a Big Red issue. Android phones are running 2.2 already (stock). That tells me the software is stable. I will bet VZW's problem is the native tethering offered with 2.2. Once the unlimited data plans go away, look for the FroYo OTA push to start. VZW is protecting their network, if you want FroYo NOW, then root and get it!
PS: I vote for option 5, I have it and have been running it. No complaints here.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A comment on the poll. One of the choices really cracks me up: "When it's done right and bug free." That day would never arrive. There isn't an OS out there that is completely bug free.

Froyo is ready now, I've been running it on my Droid just fine and it will probably come out the week of 8/7, at least that's what our sources say.

The only problem with delay deployment about these updates is the anticipation that it causes. The OS tends to get over hyped and people are disappointed because it doesn't make them breakfast in bed like they thought it would.:)

We are trying to limit the number of threads that we have on Froyo but this ones a bit different so we'll leave it open and see how it goes.

J

Johnly

Haha, I completely agree. Not only was it worse but people were CONSTANTLY complaining about wanting it, and yet the 2.1 update was so tiny...
I haven't heard a single cry, (Okay, maybe a few), but screams and shouts for sure, but froyo is old IMO (rooted is king), hehe. 2.1 was the worst for sure....

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score

I haven't heard a single cry, (Okay, maybe a few), but screams and shouts for sure, but froyo is old IMO (rooted is king), hehe. 2.1 was the worst for sure....

lol i was thinking the same thing. I've been scouring this site for information on the best apps and stuff for my new phone. There are only a small handful of threads even related to froyo

Nealius

Reaction score
When is GingerBread dropping? Thats all I care about. Im gonna start screaming for that.
This way i can be ahead of the wave.

my attitude is it will drop when it drops. Ive been on 3 different builds of 2.2. every rom builder has made it stable. So we know it works. Big Red is most likely the bottle neck on this.

Quit whining and root. :)

Reaction score
The problem is some people are never satisfied. When they eventually do get Froyo they will be happy but then when it comes close to the next release they will cry and complain. Some people are impatient. I can understand if the OS really sucked but each release has been fantastic and for me I can wait till it is released. I will admit though I have froyo 2.2 but if I hadn't rooted I still would be Ok with 2.1 until the official was ready.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
People mock 2.1, in fact it was a very excellent update. It cleared up the scrolling issue on the internet and also had a fix in it for Yahoo mail. I don't recall the exact change log but there were quite a few benefits. People were just anticipating it so much by the time it got here they were underwhelmed.

JCo352

Reaction score
I agree with previous statements, if you think this is bad, you would have hated being here when we were waiting for 2.1.

vboogieman

Reaction score
Plus I don't believe this has something to do with it being tested and bug free. If so they need to hire Cyanogen or some of the other modders out there...

This is more likely about making more money with the new phones they have. Much better to get someone to buy a new phone then to give them a free upgrade of the OS on the phone they already have.