I'm rooted with Froyo... couple questions

joeylion

Reaction score
Hi Everyone...

First off... great site! From everything I have read so far, it seems to be a really great community and I am looking forward to contributing.

SO I finally rooted my Fascinate yesterday and have flashed (correct term?) Froyo with ODIN. Now I have a few questions.

1) How do I remove things from my phone that I no longer want (things like dual clock, some of the stock apps, things like that)

2) Is there a list of safe to remove bloatware/adware, and how do I do that?

3) Is there a way I can improve my GPS navigation? It takes forever to lock (sometimes it never does)

4) Are there any good apps/programs I can use to help extend battery life?

Ok... thats it for now! Hope that wasn't too much. If anyone can help me out with any or all of these questions, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

ziggy484

Reaction score
Supermanager is free in the market, you can use that to delete or rename the system app files for the things you dont want, i suggest renaming, does the same thing. There is a list somewhere, google it or search the forums. Gps is known to work much better with eb01 so i'm not sure about that one. To save battery, couple simple things... use dark wallpaper, leave wifi and gps off unless needed. The display uses most of the battery, so the less you use it... but that defeats the purpose. Plan on charging every night.

Sent from my rooted Froyo Fascinate

OP
J

joeylion

Reaction score
I have Super Manager.... but I am a little unsure how to use it and where to look for files on the phone. I've googled it, but haven't really found anything.

Any info you can give me? Maybe a quick walk through of how to use SM?

Thanks!!!

ziggy484

Reaction score
In sm select file explorer, press back a couple times to get out of the sd card directory. Look for system, then app... there they all are, pick the ones you dont like, such as bing.apk and rename it (long press) to bing.bak (or whatever). dont go too crazy, just do the obvious verizon stuff to be safe.

Sent from my rooted Froyo Fascinate