Preparing to Root/Froyo...Mobile Hotspot

spcycl

Reaction score
Thanks for all the posts on Rooting and installing ROM's via ODIN, etc.

I am about to proceed and have a semi-final question: Can I still use Verizon Mobile Hotspot service/Ap after rooting and installing EB01 Froyo as described in the associated thread?

ziggy484

Reaction score
Thanks for all the posts on Rooting and installing ROM's via ODIN, etc.

I am about to proceed and have a semi-final question: Can I still use Verizon Mobile Hotspot service/Ap after rooting and installing EB01 Froyo as described in the associated thread?

If you need the hotspot app, dont install the debloated or superclean version of eb01, as that app was probably removed with those. And if your using the hack, you wont lose that with eb01

Sent from my rooted Froyo Fascinate

Matt F.

Reaction score
Just root and download barnacle from the market and have a hotspot for free.

OP
S

spcycl

Reaction score
I am currently paying for the service and it is a function I definitely need. I will check out barnacle. My main reason for rooting is to remove the bloatware. Kind of works against me in this case...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

ziggy484

Reaction score
Just root and download barnacle from the market and have a hotspot for free.

barnacle is adhoc, verizon hotspot is infrastructure. Depending on what you use it for maybe that matters, maybe not. Fine for a laptop... ps3 for example accepts infrastructure only. Just load the bloated eb01, manually remove bloat, leaving the hotspot.

Sent from my rooted Froyo Fascinate

fordee11

Reaction score
well since you'll be rooted, check this out

[video=youtube;2O31JwXHLIk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O31JwXHLIk]YouTube - Samsung Fascinate: How to get FREE Wireless Tether on Rooted Fascinate[/video]

this is what i did.. i haven't really used it other than to say "oh my gosh thats neat... this might be useful sometime" haha
let me know if you use it/if it works as well as the paid version

p.s. you must go from the home screen to options>settings>applications>check unknown sources.

hope this helps