please, please help me. havening troulble with ROM manager

murytury

Reaction score
hey there. i really need some help. I am trying to get into clockwork recovery with ROM manager and i'm having a lot of trouble. i am new in "android world". i got my milestone about a month ago and a few days ago managed to get to android 2.2.1 after 17 hours. now i'm trying to get cyanogenmod instaled but i can't get pass the clockwork system recovery. in ROM manager i get:
Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
current recovery: clockworkmod 2.5.0.1

when i try to download clockwork 2.5.0.4 says that an error occured but this is not the big problem. it doesn't get into clockwork recovery.
when i reebot into recovery something loads |(a yellow bar) like 25 percent then it reebots into android, if i try to get in system recovery manual ("X" plus power button) it goes to original system recovery <2e>. please help me

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
What version of rom manager do you have? Also, saw this on twitter, maybe this might help - clockworkmod: To flash a recovery manually in the meantime, you can visit this link: My Brain Hurts: ROM Manager and Clockwork Recovery Image . I'll be resolving the downtime on ROM Manager. (about 19 hours ago from Tweetie for Mac)

BTW, Welcome to the forum.

OP
M

murytury

Reaction score
hey. i am using rom manager v2.5.1.7. i tryed to download the .zip file from the link u gave me and i put it on my root in sd card, rename it to update and tryed to install it from original system recovery but it aborts instalation

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its good to be familiar with Sprecovery everyone. For the all the times that Rom manager has trouble. Rom manager has to have down time to keep up with everything coming out on all different phones. Sprecovery will never let you down or be to busy to flash a ROM. It takes a few extra steps but is extremely effective and reliable.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can flash sprecovery via RM its towards the bottom. It says flash alternate recovery. Its easier then rsdlite

OP
M

murytury

Reaction score
You can flash sprecovery via RM its towards the bottom. It says flash alternate recovery. Its easier then rsdlite

thaks but in rm that button its inactive. i guess i have to put the sbf file on sdcard?

OP
M

murytury

Reaction score
Do you have RM premium
that's the only way? i tried flashing sprecovery with rdslite but it keeps failing. i ted all the forums with no luck. i guess thats it. i'll stick with 2.2.1

OP
M

murytury

Reaction score
i gor ROM manager premium v2.5.1.7 still no alternate recovery available

OP
M

murytury

Reaction score
i even tried with adb tools to get it. i got a recovery.img but when i type this command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" says <waiting for devices> although before it recognized my phone.

applesauce999

Reaction score
if you have Milestone you cant do any of this stuff. rom manager is not going to work. clockwork mod is not going to work. all of that stuff is for the Droid. the milestone has a locked bootloader. you have to do other things to work around it.