please help

sknopster

Reaction score
The thing is that sprint dies not load the phones Samsung does Amy preinstalled software or firmware on the phones comes from them... the only "apps" that are sprint apps will be labeled as sprint apps on the phones... those are the only ones we have any information on in our systems. The process servers all come directly from Samsung... in shirt directly from someone who works for sprint we most likely would not have the information about the process that is running on the phone. I do work for sprint but in customer care in all honesty the only difference between a care keep and a tech tennis three tools and the ability to is Google while on a call. If the phone has been master reset bad the process is still running as an admin on the phone it's probably there for a reason as much as I hate to say that have you talked to Samsung?

The official Samsung answer is that the Admin app... "com.sec.sprextension.phoneinfo.DeviceAdminPhoneInfoReceiver" includes "SPRextension" (emphasis added) which indicates to them that it is a SPRINT app. They have NO KNOWLEDGE of the application. WHY is this such a mystery to EVERYONE? Why can my microphone AND camera be activated while the phone is "apparently off". This allows the unknown and potentially deviate entity that controls the app to essentially eavesdrop and see what the camera sees, all the while without my knowledge. Correct me if I am wrong, PLEASE!

OP
G

gxyS3_918

Reaction score
sknopster said:
The official Samsung answer is that the Admin app... "com.sec.sprextension.phoneinfo.DeviceAdminPhoneInfoReceiver" includes "SPRextension" (emphasis added) which indicates to them that it is a SPRINT app. They have NO KNOWLEDGE of the application. WHY is this such a mystery to EVERYONE? Why can my microphone AND camera be activated while the phone is "apparently off". This allows the unknown and potentially deviate entity that controls the app to essentially eavesdrop and see what the camera sees, all the while without my knowledge. Correct me if I am wrong, PLEASE!

So my brother got a galaxy s3 with Sprint. And this administrator is not on his phone. Also my friend got an s3 with t mobile and its not on his either, so basically I'm confused as hell. Any theories here?

Chadleek

Reaction score
I went to my local sprint shop. They didnt know what it was either. They checked their sample phone in their lobby and it did have it too along with a sprint retail administrator app.

flbas

Reaction score
i wonder if it is tied to the SprintZone app. Somehow, the SprintZone intercepted my call to 611, and then offered to update my PRL rather than make the call. it still let me call.

also, if you go to Settings > (Wireless and network) More Settings > (Network) Mobile networks > Connections Optimizer, there is a huge window with a lot of text. if you read the text, it kinda matches (but not exactly) some of the permissions the com.sec.sprextension has.

I wonder if the Connections Optimizer uses the Device Admin (SPRextension) to collect information about the device and its surroundings (wifi, gps)..and sends it back home via the SprintZone?

Skunkape

Reaction score
I have disabled it... If you are rooted install titanium backup and freeze com.sec.sprextensio...o4.1.1L710xxxxx

ENJOY :icon_ lala:

Ensef

Reaction score
This is definitely a Sprint APP, the reason nobody at Sprint Tech Support can't help you is because they are mostly complete morons who can't help with anything. They have the worst Customer support I've ever experienced. Also, Sprint is notorious for embedding hidden
Spy apps like this. Had one on my Epic 4G as well and they never could explain its purpose and argued that it was turned off by default and was nothing to worry about, it could also access most of the phones functions in the background without your knowledge. The only way to get rid of that service was to Root and install a custom rom.

Last edited:

emoge

Reaction score

Maybe you should call and have your msid changed if your worried about someone hacking youre phone im not saying its impossible because ive seen it over and over but it would not be sprint and their is a known issue from Samsung in our system right now where they messed up with coding devices properly and now they are more apt to be hacked and used by other individuals but bottem line that's what I would have them do... if someone is IN your phone I gaurentee you its not Sprint but could be someone else using a Sprint device and your phone remotely to prove a point.

barrygates

Reaction score
Get it gone

Maybe you should call and have your msid changed if your worried about someone hacking youre phone im not saying its impossible because ive seen it over and over but it would not be sprint and their is a known issue from Samsung in our system right now where they messed up with coding devices properly and now they are more apt to be hacked and used by other individuals but bottem line that's what I would have them do... if someone is IN your phone I gaurentee you its not Sprint but could be someone else using a Sprint device and your phone remotely to prove a point.

From my own personal experience this app is actually a collaboration with Sprint and the FBI. This app gives an engineer the ability to at the push of a button see what you see on your phone on their screens (pc, mac, desktop, tablet, etc.)

I know it is a fully interactive component because the night it appeared on my phone, I egged my imaginary hacker on by insulting his mom and saying I'd done sexually ****ed up things with her. I did this typing it into Chrome's URL area. I never pressed enter to send the data. That is why I know it is a live interactive feed as he would not have been able to respond by switching my browser to being in all Japanese the moment I began to delete the text I had typed. I apologized for what I said to his mom in the same manner and procedure as I had in the insult, and moments later, the interface was back in English.

Now for the fun stuff. I have just removed it from my phone after a couple months of trying. The key to deleting it to do a two step process. First, get Root Explorer and search for the entire name of com.sec.sprextension.phoneinfo in the seach bar. After a few minutes, depending on the amount of data you have on your phone, it will find 1 or 2 folders. Delete both of them. Then after you do that, acquire System Tuner Pro. Open it after installation and go to the task manager. Select "Excluded" and you should see the app running in the background. Select it then kill it. After that slide your options to the far right and uninstall that turd.

Restart after checking your settings and give your phone a second to breathe when it starts back up. :) GetIt!

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Send me the file, and I will tell you what it is, who owns it, etc.

Notice in the Lookout response that they say "...we know that it is a SPRINT app which has a lot of permissions but not sure why it is needed." That's strange... SPRINT never actually admitted to it being their app, but Lookout sounds pretty certain that it is. You'll notice that the FINAL ANSWER that I received from SPRINT was "IT IS NOT A SPRINT APP, WE NEED TO GET THAT OFF OF YOUR PHONE".

PLEASE CALL SPRINT AND DEMAND TO KNOW MORE! If they are not letting their own partner know what the app does, I don't like it.

barrygates

Reaction score
I just experienced something I wasn't expecting but found a quick fix for it.

when you remove that app and it's folders, it takes the necessary user info with it that handles any mobile data info passed back and forth to allow you on the net.

just update your profile after you restart your device. it'll take about 5 minutes or less, but will take care of the issue and the unwanted app stays defeated and crying in a recycle bin somewhere in the netherverse.

CBElwood

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
WicKed GalaXy X3T-KT747
ok, so I know this thread is old but I wondering if anybody has decided exactly what this is. In the past, I have frozen it and lost mobile connection, actually it was phone info and sae apps that were frozen. What I did now was convert it to user app and it disappeared. the data(dalvik cache) is still there and I havnt looked thru my data folder yet, but I still have connection. We will see soon enough I guess, maybe when I have to switch towers or something. I have a backup anyway but I dont like hidden administrators on my phone. any new info would be appreciated thx!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum CBEIwood!
Hang in there and hopefully one of our knowledgeable members can give you a hand.

S5 tap'n

Chayna13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
Jessica sexin
Same thing on my phone. I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Can someone help me or explain step by step how to get rid of it? And why do some people have it and some dont? And spefic reasons? Or maybe why you think we have it?

Ramer864

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
443-284-5574
No an answer as I have been looking for it as well but It is word from Samsung directly.

Last edited by a moderator: