Bionic Forcing Screen Locks

efallon

Reaction score
Droid Bionic stock at 902. I have No Lock installed and locking was disabled. All of a sudden the phone is requiring a scroll unlock. I have used a pattern lock that I disable when at home. In the past day it enabled itself. Tonight the phone forced me to create a pin (I have never used a pin before) AND also makes me use the pattern lock. Settings/Location & Security/Change Screen Lock no longer allows me to choose "None". It is greyed out and below it says "Disabled by remote phone administrator". "Pattern" is greyed out and has the same message. Under Select Device Administrators, the only administrator active is Motorola Corporate Sync. Although it appears to just involve email it will not allow me to deactivate it. I called Verizon Support and they say they have never heard of this issue and were no help other than the usual hard reset suggestion. I politely declined for the time being. I only download apps from the Play Store. I had Lookout installed but just uninstalled it in case it was forcing some kind of security on me. Verizon says things like Lookout usually come along with viruses. Seriously? Can anyone help me understand what has happened and how I can once again disable the pattern lock (and now the pin lock on top of it)? I have pulled the battery a few times this evening. Thank you for any help you can give me.:blink:

bamafan39

Reaction score
Droid Bionic stock at 902. I have No Lock installed and locking was disabled. All of a sudden the phone is requiring a scroll unlock. I have used a pattern lock that I disable when at home. In the past day it enabled itself. Tonight the phone forced me to create a pin (I have never used a pin before) AND also makes me use the pattern lock. Settings/Location & Security/Change Screen Lock no longer allows me to choose "None". It is greyed out and below it says "Disabled by remote phone administrator". "Pattern" is greyed out and has the same message. Under Select Device Administrators, the only administrator active is Motorola Corporate Sync. Although it appears to just involve email it will not allow me to deactivate it. I called Verizon Support and they say they have never heard of this issue and were no help other than the usual hard reset suggestion. I politely declined for the time being. I only download apps from the Play Store. I had Lookout installed but just uninstalled it in case it was forcing some kind of security on me. Verizon says things like Lookout usually come along with viruses. Seriously? Can anyone help me understand what has happened and how I can once again disable the pattern lock (and now the pin lock on top of it)? I have pulled the battery a few times this evening. Thank you for any help you can give me.:blink:
you may not have a choice but to go to settings/privacy/factory reset but dont worry it doesn't erase your sd card...what caused it i dont know

whomhead

Reaction score
I use Lotus Notes Traveler for my work mail. My company requires that we have a pin on our phones if we use their email.

Apparently our systems administrator was able to instruct Traveler to force the issue during installation. The same message you describe pops up.

OP
E

efallon

Reaction score
whomhead - Thank you so much. That was it exactly. My company failed to notify us of the change they made on the server. There was no indication that it was coming from that direction and I didn't even know it was possible. Thanks also to bamafan99 for the response. :hail: