Android 2.2 Alarm Clock Sorting

ekaggen

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from rooted 2.1 stock to simply stunning 4.8 (android 2.2). Everything is great, except for the alarm clock. The thing that really gets me is that for some unknown reason Google decided to make android 2.2 sort your alarms by their time instead of by when the alarms were created as it was in 2.1. Before my alarms stayed in a fixed order and now they jump all over the place and I can't change the order to group them. I tested this on a friend's stock 2.2 to confirm that this was 2.2 and not just the ROM.

This is a huge issue for me because I had over 20 alarms, each for specialized purposes and they were grouped by their purpose so that I could easily find them. I can't have my alarm which rings at 7am right under my alarm which rings at 4pm. Now I need to go digging around every time I want to activate or deactivate an alarm and the list changes all the time when I modify temporary alarms.

Has anyone had this issue? I've tried third party alarm apps and they all seem to be using the same sorting which makes me think that its the way the system actually handles the alarm list which is the issue. If anyone knows any way around this (or could at least could provide some more information on how this works) I would be greatly appreciative.

stephenandrew

Reaction score
I think you should try some android alarm clock app it will solve your problem you can find many android alarm clock apps on the net.

OP
E

ekaggen

Reaction score
I think you should try some android alarm clock app it will solve your problem you can find many android alarm clock apps on the net.

See the problem is that this change seems to affect all alarm clock apps. It seems like its operating system level.