Please Help, Voice Text issue

CL685

Reaction score
I love the phone, but whenever I try to send a text message with voice command, I'll say for example "Send message to John, what are you doing ?" but it never puts the contact's name in the "To" field, instead it puts everything in the message field. Can anyone please offer a solution to this?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I never say "send message", I always say "text john" with a slight delay, then say my message - it works well most of the time. I use the built in Voice Search, not Voice Dialer, as well... Voice Dialer really sucks and they need to dump it.

OP
C

CL685

Reaction score
Thanks for responding. I've tried just saying "text john" and it still always puts it in the message field. and I initiate the voice command with the google search at the top of the screen with the mic icon

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried something like "text john mobile" or "text john cell" - I'm wondering if it's too generic maybe?

OP
C

CL685

Reaction score
Yep tried those too, still the same problem. Does it usually work for you? I was thinking it is just a bug and they will come out with a patch for it

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
well I've only ever used it with my wife, and so far it's worked pretty well

jmurra

Reaction score
find the person first

Thanks for responding. I've tried just saying "text john" and it still always puts it in the message field. and I initiate the voice command with the google search at the top of the screen with the mic icon

I heard you have to manually go to "John" and then the voice texting will fill in the message area with what you say.