Please help me diagnose wireless problem

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by cchhiipp, Aug 20, 2010.

  1. cchhiipp

    cchhiipp Member

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2009
    Messages:
    109
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since 2.2, I haven't been able to connect my droid to my office wireless. It requires my windows domain username and password. When I type it in, my wireless list simply "remembers"it, instead of connecting. What can I do to make it connect?

    Thanks!
     
  2. mwhartman

    mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2010
    Messages:
    10,739
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    153
    Location:
    South FL
    Ratings:
    +12
    Sounds like a configuration issue so I think a visit with your IT folks may help clear this up.


    Let us know how you resolve
    Mike
     
  3. markdobson

    markdobson New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2009
    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Independence, Missouri
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar issue after I updated. Not saying this will work in your case, but all I did was to go into wireless settings...tapped on the existing wireless connection, then tapped on "forget" then simply re-established a new one. So far, no issues after doing that. (fingers crossed)
     
  4. bigphatjay

    bigphatjay New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just wanted to interject. I feel like I am having an issues as well. I am running Bugless Beast .4 and having issues connecting to my work wireless. They also require my windows active directory credentials. I don't know if it is a Froyo 2.2 issue or what.

    Pretty much having your problem exactly.
     
  5. cchhiipp

    cchhiipp Member

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2009
    Messages:
    109
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've done this a few times, and it hasn't helped. It used to work sometimes when I was on 2.1. But since 2.2 it just goes straight to "remembered".

    Haven't had a chance to get a look at the connection specs from IT. Hopefully that will help. :p