Please help me choose (droid 3 vs droid charge)

OP
C

ConfusedPleaseHelp

Reaction score
not trying to sound rude but I am asking the opinion for the TWO mentioned so from here on out if anyone wants to tell me to get something else just please don't post it.. I appreciate the opinions. but this discussion is only about the charge or the 3 not every single phone verizon has or will release for the next year. I am going through my business as stated earlier and I don't have all these options. I am not technologically "advanced" as I am guessing many of you are and I just don't care so much about all these updates and so on... I want a good camera and the internet, on a touchscreen phone.

OP
C

ConfusedPleaseHelp

Reaction score
and I have read good reviews from personal owners and testers of the droid 3 and not so much the charge

OP
C

ConfusedPleaseHelp

Reaction score
not just that but every phone is going to have a few bad reviews my friend has an iphone and HATES it.. she complains about it constantly

ahj4513

Reaction score
Really consider call quality though. Try the phones out. See how your voice sounds on the other side. It is THE most important thing to consider if you don't want to yell in order to get your point across. You are buying a phone ( remember that)
-Advice from experience

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
and I have read good reviews from personal owners and testers of the droid 3 and not so much the charge

I personally would suggest the D3, I've had mine since its intitial launch 7ish months ago and absolutely love it still.

Also not sure about the whole "bad" service in rural area thing. Lol I live in a place thats all corn fields and cows and consistantly have 2-3 bars at all times.

My only suggestion for if you get the D3 is check out the extended battery. It only marginally makes the phone bigger, but really improves battery life over the stock battery.

Not sure if you plan on rooting or anything either? But i guess we can cross that road when we come to it. :)

PS: Rumor has it that Sam's Club and Target.com have the D3 for free with a new contract/upgrade. Havent had an opportunity to check for myself yet though.

Send me a PM if you have any other D3 related questions. :D

Butt dialed from my hamburger phone

OP
C

ConfusedPleaseHelp

Reaction score
Yonnor thank you SOO much I definately will ask for help if I need it. and also I don't really understand the whole rooting thing.. what does it do and why is it good/bad?

ahj4513 I actually have heard that before but I am not to concerned bc I text more than make calls and I am actually used to a "quite" phone because of my husbands blackberry and I have great hearing and it doesn't bother me

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Yonnor thank you SOO much I definately will ask for help if I need it. and also I don't really understand the whole rooting thing.. what does it do and why is it good/bad?

ahj4513 I actually have heard that before but I am not to concerned bc I text more than make calls and I am actually used to a "quite" phone because of my husbands blackberry and I have great hearing and it doesn't bother me

Rooting is basically a way of giving you more control over your phone. Whether it be installing a custom ROM, a custom theme, or being able to Tether.

This thread will be able to describe it better then I can: CLICKY LINK. lol

Depending on your tech level or even if you like to simply tinker with technology rooting may or may not be for you. It's not a needed thing to do, but simply gives you a bit more freedom with your device.

OP
C

ConfusedPleaseHelp

Reaction score
Yonnor thanks again I will look into it but like I said in an earlier post I am not very great with all that stuff but I am somewhat interested... so we will see :)

Reaction score
Rooting is nice but only for the small percentage of users who want to make changes to their phone. Most do not. My phone is always rooted but my wife does not like it, she prefers to keep the phone as is.

Just to add to what was mentioned earlier about call quality, Motorola is known for having the strongest radios and best signal quality.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
Droid 3 is free from a few websites with the car dock and desk dock included. Screw the big box stores...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
C

ConfusedPleaseHelp

Reaction score
Thanks Jungle King 76 So your wife gets get call quality on her droid 3?

ScottyDsntKnow thanks:) but I am going through a Business and will only have to pay $50 which isn't horrible.. I can get other phones free through them but chose the droid 3 and like I said for the phone and all the accessories I get with it I don't think 50 is to bad

Reaction score

ScottyDsntKnow thanks:) but I am going through a Business and will only have to pay $50 which isn't horrible.. I can get other phones free through them but chose the droid 3 and like I said for the phone and all the accessories I get with it I don't think 50 is to bad

My wife has had her droid 3 since release day and she has had no issues. She loves it. The only reason she plans to upgrade to the droid 4 in a couple of months is for 4g and she likes the new keyboard and overall look of the 4.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
C

ConfusedPleaseHelp

Reaction score
Jungle King76 that sounds great thank you so much! I will def. be getting the droid 3! I am glad your wife has loved her phone so much and hope I will enjoy mine just as much!

Reaction score

No I mean the Droid 3 is free not other phones. Why pay $50 when you don't have to? WWW.newegg.com in the cell phones section.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
C

ConfusedPleaseHelp

Reaction score
ScottyDsntKnow while I really appreciate you trying to help me get a free phone which would be nice, I am getting my phone through my business (which I have stated many times) and I understood what you said that the droid 3 is free on a site you are talking about.. if I get it through my business and pay 50 for my phone my verizon monthly bill will be significantly cheaper than most people's. So I chose to just pay 50 for my phone (which like you said I could get free) and have a cheaper bill every month and end up saving HUNDREDS :) but thank you!​