Please Help! Droid screen bugging out!!

Dyson27

Reaction score
First off my Droid 2 give me a hard time to even get pass the opening screen and when it does it clicks on random apps by itself. It refuses to let me text, it texts letters by itself, it calls people or open up apps and other stuff by itself. I tried rebooting multiple times, changed battery, and the problem seems to get worse with everyday. Can someone who has experience this as well help me out???

GT_Cleric

Reaction score
First off backup what ever u can. Mainly Contacts. Next, pull the battery and put it back in. now with the phone off, hold x and the power button untill u see a triangle with an "!" in it show up. Then let those go and press the magnifying glass on the keyboard. The next menu will have a few options the one u want is factory data wipe it reset. This will erase all the data stored in the phone, why we backed up ur contacts. But if the issue with ur phone is software this might fix it. If not this is the first step in getting it replaced if it is still under warranty. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ordinaryjoe4life

Reaction score
I had that same prob after I used a metro pcs. Charger on my phone it started acting buggy like when it plugged into my PC, I let the battery die the charged it with the proper charger the problem went away

GT_Cleric

Reaction score
I had that same prob after I used a metro pcs. Charger on my phone it started acting buggy like when it plugged into my PC, I let the battery die the charged it with the proper charger the problem went away

That is an issue with these phones. It had something to do with how much power they r getting. It makes the screen buggy depending on what kind of charger it is.

But not quite the same problem dyson is having.

OP
D

Dyson27

Reaction score
Thanks alot GT_Cleric, my phone seems to be acting normal for now, hopefully it stays that way, but appreciate the help.