Please disable tapatalk notification in browser

JoeFresco

Reaction score
It's horribly annoying to have a popup asking if I want to use tapatalk on every page load. Please disable this -- let the people who want to use tapatalk and those that want to use the browser both do so without fuss.

Thanks.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this but I think Tapatalk could be paying forums to make their forums Tapatalk accesible.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If hat popup keeps coming up its because of a bad cookie I think. If you clear your browsers cookies and cache should come up once more then that's it.

Sent from my Droid

OP
J

JoeFresco

Reaction score
I just tested it again, and it looks like it comes up once per browser session. However, since the browser session disappears rather more rapidly than on a desktop, I saw the popup about 5 times yesterday. It felt like whenever I went to the forum, I had to click that cancel button. I started looking for a greasemonkey type addon to the browser to kill it... I've also considered changing the user agent.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Set your browser to accept cookies and make sure you don't also set the browser to clear all on exit (chache, history, cookies, ect...)

OP
J

JoeFresco

Reaction score
I don't see a setting on the Android browser to not clear cookies on exit. However, I don't think it does. It definitely does not clear history.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this but I think Tapatalk could be paying forums to make their forums Tapatalk accesible.
not paying me for mine.
choices are keep cookies and use them or site admin can rename tapatalkdetect.js to something else.

OP
J

JoeFresco

Reaction score
Well, if they aren't paying you, why not disable the notification? There's already the 'posted using tapatalk' everywhere.

tapatalk

Reaction score
Folks.. this is from Tapatalk.

The notification can be removed by commenting out the template edit, I believe the admin can do it for you guys.

On the side note this notification should display only once. Lately we have found an issue with Opera browser that the cookies are not registered. The up-coming plugin update will have this issue addressed.

Let me know if you have any thought and comment about Tapatalk, you can always visit us at Tapatalk Community Forum - Powered by vBulletin

:)

nerdkill

Reaction score
Today was the first day I didn't get that annoying pop up spam, maybe they got it fixed. I hope you guys made enough money to justify annoying everyone into buying that stupid app and having pointless spam signatures.

Sent from my "who cares"