Disable stock browser?

Reaction score
Can I disable the stock browser? I use Dolphin HD, but suspect the stock browser is running in the background. It's never asked which browser I want to use as "preferred" browser.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
What comes up when you do a search, Dolphin or the stock browser?

Without rooting and freezing the app, I don't think you can.

OP
MyEntityRemains
Reaction score
What comes up when you do a search, Dolphin or the stock browser?

Without rooting and freezing the app, I don't think you can.

I found it in the Dolphin settings. I set it to default browser. However, the stock browser is still hogging resources! :(

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you rooted?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Lil4cyl

Reaction score
Open apps and run task manager. Check stock browser amd end app. Might have to do it every so often but you can still get it out of memory.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

cebosound

Reaction score
I havent tried Dolphin. but it sounds like an interesting browser. What things do you like better about it?

I have a similar issue. I use GOsmsPro for Messaging. and i have had issues "completely" disabling the stock messaging app.

zirkdog

Reaction score
I havent tried Dolphin. but it sounds like an interesting browser. What things do you like better about it?

I have a similar issue. I use GOsmsPro for Messaging. and i have had issues "completely" disabling the stock messaging app.

I like Dolphin for the tabbed browser windows (just like a pc browser) and the slide out bookmarks. I hated the stock browser for the stupid share button that was right next to the bookmarks button and the address bar. I have no desire to tweet anything and my fat fingers kept hitting it at inadvertent times.

OP
MyEntityRemains
Reaction score
I like Dolphin for the tabbed browser windows (just like a pc browser) and the slide out bookmarks. I hated the stock browser for the stupid share button that was right next to the bookmarks button and the address bar. I have no desire to tweet anything and my fat fingers kept hitting it at inadvertent times.

Exactly what I like as well.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like Boat Browser, but I'll have to try Dolphin HD again.