Play Store now requires password input in order to purchase apps

silverfang77

Reaction score
I hate this! I liked it better when I could just press a few buttons on screen and the purchase would go through. Now I have to go to my password manager, copy my password and go back to the Play Store to finish my purchase.

Thanks for nothing, Google!

Chris-pee

Reaction score
I just bought one yesterday and it didn't prompt for a password. Odd.

skennelly

Reaction score
You will grow to not only appreciate, but love this feature when you have children that use your phone or tablet. Lol! It will save you tons of cash.

Sent from my SCH-I535

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yesterday when I looked at my phone Google had informed me someone tried to hijack my account the night before and they'd locked it down until I jumped through the appropriate hoops to unlock it.
Just like the few and far between cashier that actually checks my signature,I do appreciate having to have my password input before a purchase.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I like the password.. but I also thought they were going to let us bill to our account? Haven't seen that yet, nit like I'll use it... but still.

skennelly

Reaction score
I like the password.. but I also thought they were going to let us bill to our account? Haven't seen that yet, nit like I'll use it... but still.

I was helping one of my customers setup their Android phone. When I signed him into the play store for the first time, you could either choose to put a credit card in, or have it billed to your account.

Sent from my GT-P3113