Giant Glitch in Google Play Store

tommy2note

Reaction score
You may find this hard to believe but there is a major glitch in the Google Play Store software you need to know about. Here it is: once you change your google password you will NEVER be allowed to use Google Play Store again for purchasing paid apps! Not unless you open a brand new account from scratch.

That's right: something in their Google Play software will not recognize accounts once the password has been changed. You will be able to download free apps but you will never be allowed to make another purchase.

I even contacted Google directly and they acknowledge the glitch. What an unbelievable inconvenience! They should warn people notnto change passwords or correct the problem.

It is ridiculous that you need to start brand neew accounts every time you want a new password.

Have tried everything - even a factory reset. Nothing works.

OP
T

tommy2note

Reaction score
Big Glitch in Google Play Store

You may find this hard to believe but there is a major glitch in the Google Play Store software you need to know about. Here it is: once you change your google password you will NEVER be allowed to use Google Play Store again for purchasing paid apps! Not unless you open a brand new account from scratch.

That's right: something in their Google Play software will not recognize accounts once the password has been changed. You will be able to download free apps but you will never be allowed to make another purchase.

I even contacted Google directly and they acknowledge the glitch. What an unbelievable inconvenience! They should warn people notnto change passwords or correct the problem.

It is ridiculous that you need to start brand neew accounts every time you want a new password.

Tonik

Reaction score
Not sure what happened to you but I change my password regularly without any problems. Have you cleared data and cache on the play store app?

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I change mine all the time as well, and I have no issues. Tommy, are you by chance part of a Google Hosted Services domain? Sometimes some funny things happen with this.