1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Play Store doesn't work

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by Websquad, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Websquad

Websquad New Member

For several months I've been unable to download software from the Play Store. It does not ask me for my credentials, and from all outward appearances it is successfully downloading the app; however, the download never finishes. I just checked my download speed using OOKLA SpeedTest, and it was 21.36 Mbps (it often is about 26 Mbps). So I don't think it is a speed issue. My App storage used is 0.88 GB; I have 1.95GB available. So I don't think it is a storage issue.

Any ideas?
  2. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Make sure you're signed in to your Google account on the device. And also try going into apps, all, google play store, clear cache, clear data, force stop.. Reboot the device and try again. Hope this helps?

MAXXED OUT!!!!!
  3. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

Another thing you might want to try, that won't hurt anything is to remove tour Google account. Restart and add it back in. That skips several other possible problems/fixes.
  4. Websquad

Websquad New Member

Finally figured it out!

Yes, boys and girls, Google is your Friend. I searched for android play store download problem (or something like that) and found that I needed to go to

Settings > Apps > Google Play Store ... and "Clear data" and "Clear cache" -- then went back to the Play Store app, it prompted me for my password (as I recall), and the download took just a few seconds. Thanks, guys, for your help! Merry Christmas!!
Search tags for this page

droid bionic google play store wont work

google play store app not working

google play wont work

lg optimus pro e980 won't go to play store app

optimus e980 doesn't work play store

play store app doesn't work on galaxy iii