Play Store doesn't work

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
For several months I've been unable to download software from the Play Store. It does not ask me for my credentials, and from all outward appearances it is successfully downloading the app; however, the download never finishes. I just checked my download speed using OOKLA SpeedTest, and it was 21.36 Mbps (it often is about 26 Mbps). So I don't think it is a speed issue. My App storage used is 0.88 GB; I have 1.95GB available. So I don't think it is a storage issue.

Any ideas?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Make sure you're signed in to your Google account on the device. And also try going into apps, all, google play store, clear cache, clear data, force stop.. Reboot the device and try again. Hope this helps?

MAXXED OUT!!!!!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Another thing you might want to try, that won't hurt anything is to remove tour Google account. Restart and add it back in. That skips several other possible problems/fixes.

OP
Websquad

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
Finally figured it out!

Yes, boys and girls, Google is your Friend. I searched for android play store download problem (or something like that) and found that I needed to go to

Settings > Apps > Google Play Store ... and "Clear data" and "Clear cache" -- then went back to the Play Store app, it prompted me for my password (as I recall), and the download took just a few seconds. Thanks, guys, for your help! Merry Christmas!!