Pixel 2 XL to Note20 Ultra

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Heeeyyyyyy. Looking to maybe pull the trigger and a Note20 Ultra, the first non-Google phone I've had since the LG G2. Best Buy has it for $850, which I feel is very worth it. I've seen concerns about the battery life, which is a shame given that Notes are generally known for great battery life. I feel like I'd utilize the pen at work and I've always wanted to give the Note a try, so it may be time.

How's the battery life been for everyone? Phone been consistently snappy?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hey now.. What up brother.. I've not experienced the Ultra but I've heard of happy people... I'm surprised on battery rumors not being good.. I loved my Note 10 + so I can't see how this one is not solid... Good time of the year for upgrade... @ggrant3876 are you using the phone?

OP
popcenator

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey now.. What up brother.. I've not experienced the Ultra but I've heard of happy people... I'm surprised on battery rumors not being good.. I loved my Note 10 + so I can't see how this one is not solid... Good time of the year for upgrade... @ggrant3876 are you using the phone?
How are you good sir? I'm a little nervous moving from a stock Android to this, but from the reviews I've seen, the Note20 flies, and I don't think I'll mind One UI. Plus it'll go nicely with my Active 2. If the battery isn't a concern I may just pull the trigger. There's nothing wrong with the 2 XL at the moment, but I don't want to run a phone as my daily that will not get security updates after December.

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Heeeyyyyyy. Looking to maybe pull the trigger and a Note20 Ultra, the first non-Google phone I've had since the LG G2. Best Buy has it for $850, which I feel is very worth it. I've seen concerns about the battery life, which is a shame given that Notes are generally known for great battery life. I feel like I'd utilize the pen at work and I've always wanted to give the Note a try, so it may be time.

How's the battery life been for everyone? Phone been consistently snappy?

Battery life on my Note 20 Ultra is exceptional. I have an unlocked one from Samsung on the T-Mobile network. Have all the bloat disabled and an using Nap Time from the play store to get it into doze much faster. The battery drain overnight,10-12 hours is less than 5%. IMHO it's a battery sipper.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franco.doze&hl=en_US&gl=US

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
How are you good sir? I'm a little nervous moving from a stock Android to this, but from the reviews I've seen, the Note20 flies, and I don't think I'll mind One UI. Plus it'll go nicely with my Active 2. If the battery isn't a concern I may just pull the trigger. There's nothing wrong with the 2 XL at the moment, but I don't want to run a phone as my daily that will not get security updates after December.

I’m doing well brother ..and you and the family ? I actually like OneUI and it’s getting 3.0 which will be even better ..plus you can run any launcher now works good with gestures..There is also so much customization with Good Lock for Samsung phones you will be amazed ..duplicate apps I know there are alot but you don’t have to use them and can disable some if you wish ..I use package disabler on my Fold and works perfectly ...I don’t blame ya I need them updates but that Pixel served you well...check out Android Central as well ..we are on there and plenty of good posts on the Note ..

OP
popcenator

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I appreciate the help guys. I may just do it. It's time to try something different and I've always had an eye on the Note line.

OP
popcenator

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I’m doing well brother ..and you and the family ? I actually like OneUI and it’s getting 3.0 which will be even better ..plus you can run any launcher now works good with gestures..There is also so much customization with Good Lock for Samsung phones you will be amazed ..duplicate apps I know there are alot but you don’t have to use them and can disable some if you wish ..I use package disabler on my Fold and works perfectly ...I don’t blame ya I need them updates but that Pixel served you well...check out Android Central as well ..we are on there and plenty of good posts on the Note ..
Family is doing well thanks for asking. Work is pretty much life right now and has been since March, so not much family time except for the weekends.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I appreciate the help guys. I may just do it. It's time to try something different and I've always had an eye on the Note line.

If you going to go Samsung then first one is Note for sure ...it ticks all the boxes ...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Family is doing well thanks for asking. Work is pretty much life right now and has been since March, so not much family time except for the weekends.

Great to hear it ...work and family and staying safe for sure most importantly..

OP
popcenator

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Note arrived yesterday but I'm waiting until Thursday to set it up. I'm excited to see how this thing runs.

OP
popcenator

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So far so good, except I wasn't paying close enough attention when I bought my case and purchased one for the Note20 and not the Ultra. So if anyone wants a free Spigen Ultra Hybrid case for a Note20 let me know.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
The Note arrived yesterday but I'm waiting until Thursday to set it up. I'm excited to see how this thing runs.

Awesome brother.. I'm looking forward to your thoughts and anything you need with Samsung UI hit us up.... Lots of good stuff packed in..

OP
popcenator

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Really enjoying the phone so far. This thing flies. Just need to get a case and figure out all that it can do and I'll be set.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Really enjoying the phone so far. This thing flies. Just need to get a case and figure out all that it can do and I'll be set.

Nice ... Check out Good Lock for customization once you get through settings and all stock stuff.. Some good tweaks
dd3de79e7be9b18c60a9485416c20813.jpg

OP
popcenator

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been messing with that already. There's so much packed into this phone lol. I don't mind One UI at all.