Pixel 2 XL Display Woes Continue With New Burn In Issues

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dmvrcm2wsaayqp3-jpg.77993

As the Pixel 2 XL finally started hitting doorsteps last week we were inundated with complaints and reports of terrible Pixel 2 XL displays. LG has been putting LCD displays in their flagship phones for years. They decided to go with their POLED display in the 2 XL. Customers instantly found issue with viewing angles. Tilting the display only slightly resulted in a blue hue. The display also features a bit of the same banding and blotchiness we saw with the V30 display but to a lesser extent. Others had complaints concerning Google's decision to go with an sRGB color scheme. While the colors are more natural and muted it's not what consumers used to overly saturated OLED displays were expecting.

Now that we have had a week to play around with the new device some folks are complaining of screen burn in after just 7 days of use. Apparently most users are seeing the navigation bar burn in first. You will notice this most when you are watching video or the phone is displaying anything in full screen. Sometimes this type of ghosting will go away after several hours, but with the nav bar being persistent there isn't really time for the ghosting to go away. This could just be another one of those annoying things that makes your experience with your new $850 device less than perfect.

via @alexdobie

Attachments

• DMvRcm2WsAAyqp3.jpg
    DMvRcm2WsAAyqp3.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 2,474

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I saw a V30 with horrible screen in burn at T-mobile today..

That is why I keep my screens dark and navs dark lol
22124d439540ce1b71250bcc3c073304.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Damn, I may cancel my order tonight. Its supposed to ship tomorrow. I dont' care about the viewing angle or even colors that aren't perfect, but the burning in, thats not cool.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
So far So Good with my Note8. Glad I didnt wait for either the v30 or Pixel 2.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
This was the case with my original Pixel XL. I noticed burn in after several months. Of course, google replaced it without any issues but its still somewhat of a hassle.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Lol, they traded the headphone jack for a borked screen... smh tsk tsk Googs tsk tsk

watch someone get upset lol

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Mine is fine so far. Looks like "the internet" has something to hate. Here we go. *sigh*

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
LG has always sucked in my opinion. They should of stuck with HTC for both or went with Huawei for the Pixel 2 XL!
No hauwei, need we forget that the Nexus 6p had a battery issues this past spring. I was one of those who had the issue and dealing with hauwei was not fun at all.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk