Pixel 2 Units Making Weird Sounds For Some Users

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
pixel-2-and-pixel-2-xl-side-by-side-2-100738871-large-jpg.78000

The past several days have not been very good for Google when it comes to hardware. Some are calling the Pixel 2 XL launch a complete and utter failure thanks to the issues with the display. Now we are getting the first small complaints with the HTC made Pixel 2. It seems some users are experiencing clicking and high-pitched sounds. There are currently more than 100 confirmed cases of this annoyance taking place by users on the Pixel User Community boards. Apparently the same issue is popping up on the Pixel 2 XL also. Google is starting to ask those experiencing the issue to begin the RMA process. Google is already working on a fix which they say will be released this upcoming week. Have any of you experienced the clicking or high pitched noise?

via PUC

Attachments

• pixel-2-and-pixel-2-xl-side-by-side-2-100738871-large.jpg
    pixel-2-and-pixel-2-xl-side-by-side-2-100738871-large.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 3,557

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can say for certain that I've not experienced any high pitch whine or crackling. Neither with NFC enabled or not. I did have one weird experience. I had disabled Adaptive Brightness and while on a phone call, the proximity sensor didn't kick in, leaving the screen on during the call. Of course cheek touches while talking did all manner of crazy things.

Re-enabling AB has restored the proximity sensor to proper operation. I haven't tried turning it back off to see if I could replicate the problem.