Pixel 2 Units Making Weird Sounds For Some Users

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Oct 23, 2017.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,234
    [​IMG]

The past several days have not been very good for Google when it comes to hardware. Some are calling the Pixel 2 XL launch a complete and utter failure thanks to the issues with the display. Now we are getting the first small complaints with the HTC made Pixel 2. It seems some users are experiencing clicking and high-pitched sounds. There are currently more than 100 confirmed cases of this annoyance taking place by users on the Pixel User Community boards. Apparently the same issue is popping up on the Pixel 2 XL also. Google is starting to ask those experiencing the issue to begin the RMA process. Google is already working on a fix which they say will be released this upcoming week. Have any of you experienced the clicking or high pitched noise?

via PUC

Attached Files:

2. me just sayin

me just sayin Gold Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +996
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    Wonder if it is a countdown

3. radon222

radon222 Platinum Member

Ratings:
    +504
    I can say for certain that I've not experienced any high pitch whine or crackling. Neither with NFC enabled or not. I did have one weird experience. I had disabled Adaptive Brightness and while on a phone call, the proximity sensor didn't kick in, leaving the screen on during the call. Of course cheek touches while talking did all manner of crazy things.

Re-enabling AB has restored the proximity sensor to proper operation. I haven't tried turning it back off to see if I could replicate the problem.

Search tags for this page

best cameras