Pictures

micp1480

Reaction score
Why is it when I take a picture, that my picture shows up in three different places. Is there a better program than the default gallery.

MICP1480

xBBuser

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Any picture I take results in a duplicate set of folders.
Been through the settings a few times looking for a fix, but haven't found one yet. I'm new to the Droid so that most likely is why...

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Are you saying it creates multiple copies of the photo? I have never heard of that. I know the gallery has several groupings it uses, such as camera pictures, all pictures, etc. Photos can appear in several groupings. There are other apps available in the market for viewing photos.

OP
M

micp1480

Reaction score
I have looked in the marketplace, which resulted in zero findings. There is on called Multi touch, but got bad reviews.

MICP1480

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I did one search and got these. Don't know much about them. There are quite a few others.

picture viewer
easy photo viewer
photo gallery
photo burst pro
multi touch gallery pro

OP
M

micp1480

Reaction score
Thank you so much, I did purchase multi touch gallery pro and it's perfect for me. Thank you once again.

MICP 1480

dylanthecat

Reaction score
You are welcome. That does look like a nice program. I am gonna wait and see if I like the new gallery better when 2.1 comes out. I am OK with the current one for now.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You are welcome. That does look like a nice program. I am gonna wait and see if I like the new gallery better when 2.1 comes out. I am OK with the current one for now.
Could always install the 2.1 gallery apk file now and see how you like it :) It's pretty sweet.

xBBuser

Reaction score
Are you saying it creates multiple copies of the photo? I have never heard of that. I know the gallery has several groupings it uses, such as camera pictures, all pictures, etc. Photos can appear in several groupings. There are other apps available in the market for viewing photos.

It is on my phone. Two identical thumbnail folders. One says 'Camera pictures(2) the identical one next to it says 'Camera media(2)

I purchased the 'multi touch gallery pro' app and it has the exact same appearance and identical folders...

View attachment 1488

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

It is on my phone. Two identical thumbnail folders. One says 'Camera pictures(2) the identical one next to it says 'Camera media(2)

I purchased the 'multi touch gallery pro' app and it has the exact same appearance and identical folders...

View attachment 1488

Those are not copies, It's just showing different grouping....It's a PITA!!

Reaction score
The gallery shows a quick reference for different types of media.

Not duplicate files, just different automatic search parameters.

xBBuser

Reaction score
Ok, they are not copies. This is true because if I delete one pic, it will be removed from the other groups.

Now, how or where can we get a 'gallery' that shows only one pic and no groups? It's a pita to navigate and looks like hell...

Reaction score
I actually find it quite handy.

If you're looking for a pic taken with the droid camera, you click on the camera pictures icon.

If it is a downloaded pic you click on the download icon. For videos, click onall videos.

When you end up with a bunch of different pics and media, it makes it pretty easy to find stuff.

JMHO

Bob

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I actually find it quite handy.

If you're looking for a pic taken with the droid camera, you click on the camera pictures icon.

If it is a downloaded pic you click on the download icon. For videos, click onall videos.

When you end up with a bunch of different pics and media, it makes it pretty easy to find stuff.

JMHO

Bob

I feel the same way...once you understand what's going on, it's kinda convenient.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
It's cluttered and not intuitive. The title and the icon for Gallery implies still images, not videos. Maybe there should be a separate video gallery or change the name/icon. Anyway, I think it's cluttered having a separate sub-galleries for pictures and videos taken with the droid. I'd like one gallery for all pictures, then within that gallery give me the option to sort or filter (with a filter option being "pictures taken with this device").