Pictures

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
It's cluttered and not intuitive. The title and the icon for Gallery implies still images, not videos. Maybe there should be a separate video gallery or change the name/icon. Anyway, I think it's cluttered having a separate sub-galleries for pictures and videos taken with the droid. I'd like one gallery for all pictures, then within that gallery give me the option to sort or filter (with a filter option being "pictures taken with this device").

I personally think it's pretty intuitive (relative to the rest of the droid) and basically fool proof for finding images / videos (cluttered as it may be). The setup you're talking about is very similar to how contacts are managed on the droid with groups. I personally would prefer what you're talking about as well...but if you look at the number of people asking why some or all of their contacts are missing, you'll see that this method isn't particularly intuitive either.

I know what you're saying though.

edit: I can only imagine the difficulty that the android developers had coming up with a good compromise between the ability to customize the OS and ease of use.

Last edited:

xBBuser

Reaction score
Man, I don't know, I would much rather have a photo gallery app that points and looks at just the single camera image or just the video image. If they are grouped separately, camera vs video, thats cool too. But to show me thumbnails grouped with my original pics is of no use at all.
I could understand it maybe if I was looking in a 'master' file of some sort where the Droid needs all to be together for app purposes. But please just give me a photo gallery with no duplicate pics or folders. :icon_ banana:

jamesfmiller

Reaction score
I am using Vignette as my photo app on my Droid X

I just transfered photos to my computer.

There are multiple copies in different sizes of the pictures I took. any ideas why that happened?

GrillMouster

Reaction score
I am using Vignette as my photo app on my Droid X

I just transfered photos to my computer.

There are multiple copies in different sizes of the pictures I took. any ideas why that happened?

In the Vignette settings you probably have it set to automatically save the original image in addition to the version that Vignette creates. Basicallly, Vignette takes a regular camera image (original) and applies filters and effects to that file and saves it as a different file. If you ever take a pic using Vignette, but you're not applying any effects to it, just keep the original. Vignette files can be substantially larger in file size than the original if you use thebest quality and size settings (which I always do).

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your phone will also include thumbnails and any editing including copies saved from sending in picture messages.
Every time I go to upload I have well over 100 I have to uncheck

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

jamesfmiller

Reaction score
Thanks for this info. I did have save original checked.

In vignette how do I know what the size of the images are?

I will be sending photos to Postholer.com and they have a size limit of something like 2500x1900. I will be submiting directly from my phone.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App