Picked up a Droid 2 today. Wow. It's complicated.

HuJass

Reaction score
So I finally decided to jump into the smart phone ocean.
I picked up the new Droid 2.
I've been playing with it for the past 1.5 hours and all I can say is, there will be a learning curve with this phone.

I don't even know where to begin with it. I figured out how to make calls & receive them.
I was playing with some of the apps that it comes with.
Haven't figured out how to build a home screen.

I may take the local Verizon store up on their offer of free 2 hour seminars for these things.

I think one of the first things I would like to do is remove all the bloatware from it.
Then I think there is a program to shut all the apps down to conserve battery power? I want that.

I welcome any tips other Android users can give me.

paletero

Reaction score
advanced task killer will help turn off some apps. i agree that its pretty complicated. i cant get the picasa app to log into my account and i cant figure out how to set individual ringtones

dom1n1ck35

Reaction score
advanced task killer will help turn off some apps. i agree that its pretty complicated. i cant get the picasa app to log into my account and i cant figure out how to set individual ringtones

do not use any task killers the os will just reload them the android os will manage apps on its own

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
you're in the best place to learn all you need to know : )

A lot of knowledgeable people here to help you find your way on the device.

Enjoy your new toy. It sure is nice : )

litso

Reaction score
The best thing you can do is just play with it. Want to know how to do something? Do a search on the forums. Browse the different forums and see what apps and everything people are using. Much of the information from the Droid 1 forums will be applicable to you (except the hacking forums). Just spend some time with it, you'll come to love it in no time.

sirphobos

Reaction score
The best thing you can do is just play with it. Want to know how to do something? Do a search on the forums. Browse the different forums and see what apps and everything people are using. Much of the information from the Droid 1 forums will be applicable to you (except the hacking forums). Just spend some time with it, you'll come to love it in no time.

This is some of the best advice I have seen all day. Just don't be afraid, it is virtually impossible to break anything being stock and all. Just kind of poke around in every menu, and every option.

It IS a learning curve, but you'll get there.

Lightnspirit

Reaction score

This is some of the best advice I have seen all day. Just don't be afraid, it is virtually impossible to break anything being stock and all. Just kind of poke around in every menu, and every option.

It IS a learning curve, but you'll get there.

I agree, I'll get mine tomorrow and I am going to spend a good amount of the afternoon and night playing on it.

harrellj

Reaction score
When playing with it, don't just click on things, Long presses can give you different options and there's also the menu button. Love my D1 but yeah, learning curve.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When playing with it, don't just click on things, Long presses can give you different options and there's also the menu button. Love my D1 but yeah, learning curve.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Long-press is a biggie :)

trumpet444

Reaction score
Using a task killer is a bad habit to break. Don't start it. But at least have one though, just in case an app goes haywire, otherwise you really don't need it. Android was built to not need one