A Complicated "Default Action" Undo?...

jrredho

Reaction score
Hey All,

I've managed to set a default action that I'd like to undo, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. Here's how I got there:

I did a voice search, which took me to a web page of choices using Browser (this in itself is weird because I *think* I've set my default browser to xScope). I was looking for a business, and when I pressed a map in the Browser, the app queried for whether or not I wanted to use Google Maps to open the map. I responded picking 'Yes'. Then, unexpectedly, I was queried a second time on which app I'd like to use from among three options, Browser, Google Maps, or xScope, and whether or not I wanted to make that the default. I picked that I did want to make it the default action, then incorrectly picked xScope (I wanted Google Maps).

Anyway I tried going to the search app, Browser, etc, and I cannot figure out how to unset that darn default. Can anyone out there offer up some suggestions I might try to use to get that done? (If it's obvious, I apologize in advance...)

many thanks,
john

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Settings < Applications < Manage < XScope < Clear Defaults

Might have to do it with the other apps. You can also reset all defaults, but if this works, there's no point.

OP
J

jrredho

Reaction score

Might have to do it with the other apps. You can also reset all defaults, but if this works, there's no point.

Uh oh, that's looking like it should have been obvious... :)

rjax

Reaction score
FYI, Voice Search results open in a custom Voice Search browser -- as far as I know, there's no way around that if you're not rooted like me. I'm not even sure if you can change that if you are rooted.

OP
J

jrredho

Reaction score
FYI, Voice Search results open in a custom Voice Search browser -- as far as I know, there's no way around that if you're not rooted like me. I'm not even sure if you can change that if you are rooted.

You know, I was wondering about that; I just assumed that it was the same as Browser. Certainly whichever browser it is, one cannot manage either through the settings<applications<manage menu.

Maybe this won't be as easy as I'm hoping it will be...

cheers,
john

Cntrollerfanboy

Reaction score

I am having this same problem and don't know how to fix it in my case. (I have the LG Ally) Now I understand the process of going into setting and reseting the defaults but I downloaded Zedge which is a pretty popular rington and wallpaper app ( dontknow if you have it or not) but I downloaded some ringtones and some of which were short for notificications. And at first it would ask me what place I would want to choose my notification sound from, zedge or the default sounds. And it hit default zedge but then the sounds didn't work so I unstalled zedge and it gave me back my default ringtones (but I could have used your process and cleared defaults) but nowww I hit use default and used the regualr tones and because the messeging app isn't under the applications I can't do that. So how could I get the choose which default option to come back up?