Picasa- upload error

Candace

Reaction score
After some searching, I haven't seen a thread on this. I tried to upload a batch of pics I took with my Motorola Droid camera to Picasa. I've been able to do this successfully for last 6 months until recently. Now I am receving the following error message after each attempt: Failed Authentication Failed. Is there a way to re-sign into Picasa from the Droid? I thought they were always sync'd ?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know the specific issue, but I would try going to the home screen, menu, settings, programs, manage programs, all programs, my uploads, clear data.

OP
Candace

Candace

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I tried what you recommended above. I was still getting the same error. So I decided to go online and look at my Picasa account. Apparently I've maxed out my free photo storage. You're only allowed 1 GB. Its not unlimited like Gmail supposedly is. Guess I need to go back and delete some files.

I'd still rather upload all pics to Picasa- as I feel this is more secure than FB changing their privacy settings practically on a daily basis.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh! Well that was an easy fix. Ha!

Sorry!

PulsonicVoid

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I tried what you recommended above. I was still getting the same error. So I decided to go online and look at my Picasa account. Apparently I've maxed out my free photo storage. You're only allowed 1 GB. Its not unlimited like Gmail supposedly is. Guess I need to go back and delete some files.

I'd still rather upload all pics to Picasa- as I feel this is more secure than FB changing their privacy settings practically on a daily basis.

Upgrade Picasa storage: I paid like $20 for a year of +80GB. I think they have like $5 for 5GB or something, too. Well worth it just for the convenience and not having to delete stuff.

Riley

Reaction score
I was getting a similiar error when I would use wifi. But when I switched to 3G it worked fine.