1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google+ Instant Upload / Picasa Upload

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by eseloco918, Jan 21, 2012.

1. eseloco918

eseloco918 New Member

I want my phone to automatically backup to picasa. I don't want it to automatically upload pics to google+. Does the phone/google see that as one thing? Or is there a way to keep the albums to picasa only? Just recently I have been getting a boatload of g+ notifications for recent uploads...even when I haven't been taking pics. I had never seen that notification before a week or two ago and I didn't (knowingly) change any settings.

Thanks
  2. Jungle King 76

Jungle King 76 New Member

I am not sure so I may be wrong but I think that since picasa and Google+ are linked they are one and the same. However, even though the syncing option is through Google+, the photos are added to your picassa albums only and are not shared until you choose to share them.

Edit: just tested it out. As long as instant upload its on through Google+ your photos will instantly upload to picassa but will not be shared on Google+.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  3. Kias

Kias New Member

Jungle King is correct. The pictures are automatically uploaded to Picasa, but cannot be seen by anyone on G+, or Picasa until you say so.

I do believe the pics are compressed a tad, which is why they don't go against your limit on picasa. Not to mention, it would be bad form to automatically upload pics and put a limit on that...

A far as the notifications... I get the same thing. Don't get anything for awhile, then I get a bunch. Maybe it was having problems uploading the pics. Don't know, never really kept track of how long it took a picture to show up on picasa from the time I actually took it. They all seem to be there.

Plus I can log into picasa on my TV and check 'em out!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page
android auto upload to picasa
auto upload photos to picasa
automatic upload to picasa
galaxy nexus picasa
how to instant upload to picasa

instant upload picasa

instant upload picasa android
instant upload to picasa
nexus 4 enable picasa uploader
picasa auto upload