Google+ Instant Upload / Picasa Upload

eseloco918

Reaction score
I want my phone to automatically backup to picasa. I don't want it to automatically upload pics to google+. Does the phone/google see that as one thing? Or is there a way to keep the albums to picasa only? Just recently I have been getting a boatload of g+ notifications for recent uploads...even when I haven't been taking pics. I had never seen that notification before a week or two ago and I didn't (knowingly) change any settings.

Thanks

Reaction score
I am not sure so I may be wrong but I think that since picasa and Google+ are linked they are one and the same. However, even though the syncing option is through Google+, the photos are added to your picassa albums only and are not shared until you choose to share them.

Edit: just tested it out. As long as instant upload its on through Google+ your photos will instantly upload to picassa but will not be shared on Google+.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

Kias

Reaction score
Jungle King is correct. The pictures are automatically uploaded to Picasa, but cannot be seen by anyone on G+, or Picasa until you say so.

I do believe the pics are compressed a tad, which is why they don't go against your limit on picasa. Not to mention, it would be bad form to automatically upload pics and put a limit on that...

A far as the notifications... I get the same thing. Don't get anything for awhile, then I get a bunch. Maybe it was having problems uploading the pics. Don't know, never really kept track of how long it took a picture to show up on picasa from the time I actually took it. They all seem to be there.

Plus I can log into picasa on my TV and check 'em out!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk