Physical Keys After Update

Siouxsie

Reaction score
when you go to keyboard in settings, the bottom will be "built in keyboard". i unchecked everything, auto correct, auto capitalize and auto punctuate. after doing this, i've found the physical keyboard actually works. it might still miss a press of the spacebar, but its rare, and not the norm as it was before.

i was wanting for someone else with the keyboard issues to try this, to see if my case is isolated or not. but this gives me hope that my keyboard can be fixed with an update, and not simply getting a new phone. (im really really missing my auto cap and punctuate though,lol)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

So i unchecked it all and switched to Swype as input method. Everything but my N key seems to work fine now. That one still misses:frown:. Please post if you find anything else that helps cuz I have gotten spoiled with auto cap/punctuate.

darkmatter

Reaction score
yea, i miss the auto punnctuate also. i could never get swype to work well. ive been using flexT9 since it was free on amazon, amazing keyboard.

so it seems that maybe the keyboard is lagging searching for capitilization and such instead of registering keypresses.

c'mon moto, this shouldn't have made it into production. physical keyboard should be the one thing that always works...

Shirl

Reaction score
Ever tried 'ShapeWriter'? That's all I use. I love it except I think I'll go with a larger screen phone next time.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Siouxsie

Reaction score
Which do you guys/gals use most the physical or virtual keyboard?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

darkmatter

Reaction score
i use physical keyboard most of the time...would use it more if it worked the way it should.

is shape writer like hand writing? i cant find it in the market. if so, flexT9 has that too, as well as speech to text, which works pretty well actually.

Shirl

Reaction score
i use physical keyboard most of the time...would use it more if it worked the way it should.

is shape writer like hand writing? i cant find it in the market. if so, flexT9 has that too, as well as speech to text, which works pretty well actually.

ShapeWriter is like Swype. It's not available on the market anymore (not sure why) but my husband says he has (if it's still good) a link to someone's blog where you can download it. Let me know if you want it.

OP
P

PaulJ69

Reaction score
I use physical keyboard. When I was trying to use the virtual, I would always try to open the physical. But now with my replacement, everything is perfect.

islander90

Reaction score
when you go to keyboard in settings, the bottom will be "built in keyboard". i unchecked everything, auto correct, auto capitalize and auto punctuate. after doing this, i've found the physical keyboard actually works. it might still miss a press of the spacebar, but its rare, and not the norm as it was before.

i was wanting for someone else with the keyboard issues to try this, to see if my case is isolated or not. but this gives me hope that my keyboard can be fixed with an update, and not simply getting a new phone. (im really really missing my auto cap and punctuate though,lol)

i've been having the spacebar issue as well. I tried unchecking the boxes, and this is what I got: "this isjust a testosterone seehowthekeyboard workswith alltheboxes unchecked." haha. not sure why it replaced "test to" with "testosterone" when the replace words box is unchecked. Apparently there are 2 more options in the "multitouch keyboard settings" for the device keyboard as well. I unchecked those and tried my sentence again: "this isjust a test to seehowthe keyboardwokswithall theoxesunchecked." :rofl3: so apparently that didn't fix it for me

darkmatter

Reaction score
yea,it worked when ifirst unchecked the boxes,but has been getting progressively worse. this message was typed without going back to add spaces where they should be...looking at it,stillbetter than it used to bewith the boxes checked.

i cracked my screen at work, soihave a replacement coming anyway,lol.