Phone won't root

tstout

Reaction score
I tried rooting me Droid Razr an I followed all the steps and everything but my phone isn't rooted. And when it is rooted how do you know it is. Any help

indee2025

Reaction score
If it is rooted correctly you should see an icon in your app drawer that looks like a pirate skull (it's actually an android face with eye patch and crossbones) that's grey and black. This indicates you have superuser permission (the ability to make changes) and root was successful. But in my opinion if you didn't know this already you should read more on the internet about root and how to do it safely etc

Not trying to demean you but you can do some damage to your device if it's not done properly and it doesn't take much time to read some summaries online that will inform you of how to avoid common mistakes/tell you how to determine if root was successful/if root is possible on your device running specific versions of the software. Sometimes a device can gain root on let's say version 2.4.5 but if your device has the newest update 2.4.6 you can't root or will loose superuser permission. Good Luck!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I tried rooting me Droid Razr an I followed all the steps and everything but my phone isn't rooted. And when it is rooted how do you know it is. Any help
What did you use to root? I agree with endee2025. Without knowing what you used and what you did it's hard to answer your question. Is your phone working normally now?

Androidict

Reaction score

There is an app in the android market called root checker basic. it's free, install it, open it and it will tell you if you are rooted.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

OP
T

tstout

Reaction score
the file that i used is the DooMLoRD_v2_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su

OP
T

tstout

Reaction score
finally got my phone rooted. thanks everyone who helped and replied to my problem