Phone won't deep sleep

vctrrl

Reaction score
My phone almost won't deep sleep. At the end of the day the awake time is almost twice the time of screen on. Most of this comes from system AlarmManager. I have a bad time when I need 3G: BetterBatteryStats shows a lot of time spent on FDCompleteTime and it drains about 3-5% per hour.

It's very frustrating and I don't know what to do.

OP
vctrrl

vctrrl

Reaction score
Are you sure you have it set to go to sleep under settings>display settings? That could be part of it...

Yep, and BetterBatteryStats shows that the phone really deep sleep but still there's a lot of awake time opposed to the screen on. Most of this comes from system alarm manager and I'm unable to narrow the culprit.

Sumanji

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having a similar problem - I have no idea what make of the BBS stats though!!

eQZZ8Bi.png
pVdJs84.png
SbnJbSB.png
f8rLKHP.png

In regular battery manager, Android OS seems to be taking up a lot of the battery, and is also using my data!!

WPfnLTO.png
EyQazQi.png

Cheers,

Suman

OP
vctrrl

vctrrl

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having a similar problem - I have no idea what make of the BBS stats though!!

eQZZ8Bi.png
pVdJs84.png
SbnJbSB.png
f8rLKHP.png

In regular battery manager, Android OS seems to be taking up a lot of the battery, and is also using my data!!

WPfnLTO.png
EyQazQi.png

Cheers,

Suman

FDCompleteTime wakelock seems to be caused by fast dormancy, I guess. Maybe that's because your network doesn't support it. Same thing happens to me while I'm connected to 3G networks. There's a way to disable fast dormancy, not sure if it's safe. It requires you to root your device and it voids your warranty.

Connectivity service is caused by poor wifi reception. Pretty normal if your wifi signal is weak.

My situation is a little different. I have a battery drainage mostly caused by AlarmManagers (from android system, google services etc). Not related to any app because after a wipe data phone still awake while doing nothing. Phone activates itself even while not connected to wifi or 3g and it can easily drain my battery.