Phone won't deep sleep

Discussion in 'RAZR HD and RAZR HD MAXX Support' started by vctrrl, Apr 30, 2013.

1. vctrrl

vctrrl New Member

My phone almost won't deep sleep. At the end of the day the awake time is almost twice the time of screen on. Most of this comes from system AlarmManager. I have a bad time when I need 3G: BetterBatteryStats shows a lot of time spent on FDCompleteTime and it drains about 3-5% per hour.

[​IMG]

It's very frustrating and I don't know what to do.
  2. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Are you sure you have it set to go to sleep under settings>display settings? That could be part of it...
  3. vctrrl

vctrrl New Member

Yep, and BetterBatteryStats shows that the phone really deep sleep but still there's a lot of awake time opposed to the screen on. Most of this comes from system alarm manager and I'm unable to narrow the culprit.
  4. Sumanji

Sumanji New Member

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem - I have no idea what make of the BBS stats though!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

In regular battery manager, Android OS seems to be taking up a lot of the battery, and is also using my data!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Cheers,

Suman
  5. vctrrl

vctrrl New Member

FDCompleteTime wakelock seems to be caused by fast dormancy, I guess. Maybe that's because your network doesn't support it. Same thing happens to me while I'm connected to 3G networks. There's a way to disable fast dormancy, not sure if it's safe. It requires you to root your device and it voids your warranty.

Connectivity service is caused by poor wifi reception. Pretty normal if your wifi signal is weak.

My situation is a little different. I have a battery drainage mostly caused by AlarmManagers (from android system, google services etc). Not related to any app because after a wipe data phone still awake while doing nothing. Phone activates itself even while not connected to wifi or 3g and it can easily drain my battery.
Search tags for this page

android no deep sleep

android not entering deep sleep

android phone wont sleep

android wont sleep

cell phone wont sleep
deep sleep android
my phone won't sleep

phone doesn't deep sleep

phone not going into deep sleep

phone not going to sleep

phone won't deep sleep