phone upgrade

Kittysback

Reaction score
So if we have unlimited data plan and want to upgrade our phone, is it.bye-bye unlimited data plan?

Reaction score
Only if you sign a new contract. If you buy it at full price or off of ebay you can switch phones every day with no issues.

wardo

Reaction score
Assuming your asking about upgrading to a different phone, then yes you follow the info above. Although, my sisters boyfriend supposedly just upgraded without anything changing.

tap a talka thingy

katatonic

Reaction score
I gave up my unlimited data. I would rather have a data cap that I will keep higher than I use, than have to pay full price for a phone.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I gave up my unlimited data. I would rather have a data cap that I will keep higher than I use, than have to pay full price for a phone.

I got a Droid 4 from Ebay for 133 then got insurance to protect it. Thank God to add my daughter has dropped it a bazillion times and I'm sure will break it soon

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

OP
K

Kittysback

Reaction score
So if you get a phone off Ebay, how do you activate it? On Verizons website? And you dont have to sign any new contracts when you do that right? Thanks

Reaction score
That's all you have to do. No new contract to sign. I have gone back and forth on the A855 to the thunderbolt a couple of times to make sure the A855 still works.

goresnet

Reaction score
In December I get an upgrade for my Thunderbolt and my wife's Dinc2. We both are on grandfathered unlimited. I know I can buy (full price) any 4g phone for me and keep unlimited. Will we lose her unlimited by getting an unsubsidized (full price) 4g phone for her? Right now I pay about $40 for her. $10 for the family plan, and $30 for data. I really don't want her to have to get her own plan.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
goresnet said:
In December I get an upgrade for my Thunderbolt and my wife's Dinc2. We both are on grandfathered unlimited. I know I can buy (full price) any 4g phone for me and keep unlimited. Will we lose her unlimited by getting an unsubsidized (full price) 4g phone for her? Right now I pay about $40 for her. $10 for the family plan, and $30 for data. I really don't want her to have to get her own plan.

I've activated a thunderbolt on My wifes line, as well as a DX2 and it hasn't changed her unlimited status whatsoever. As long as you don't sign a new contract and take advantage of their subsidized phone deals, you should be good to go. So you don't have to wait till dec. Either. Just buy a phone either from Verizon at full price, or from a third party like Ebay and activate it. You might have to get a different Sim card from your local Verizon store. They are free.

goresnet

Reaction score
I've activated a thunderbolt on My wifes line, as well as a DX2 and it hasn't changed her unlimited status whatsoever. As long as you don't sign a new contract and take advantage of their subsidized phone deals, you should be good to go. So you don't have to wait till dec. Either. Just buy a phone either from Verizon at full price, or from a third party like Ebay and activate it. You might have to get a different Sim card from your local Verizon store. They are free.

Did you activate since Verizon started the Share Everything bs?