Phone takes forever to boot up

pooly_31

Reaction score
Hopefully this is just something dumb that i'm doing, but here's the deal. When my phone's battery dies and i plug it in to charge, it takes forever for my phone to turn on again. when i hit the power button the silver "M" logo just stays on for a minute or so and then the screen goes black. I do this a half dozen times or so and then the phone will just randomly turn on.
I tried searching the forum for a solution but didn't have any luck. I'm pretty new to the D2G and to the whole smart phone world in general i guess, i've had this phone for about a month now.

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Hopefully this is just something dumb that i'm doing, but here's the deal. When my phone's battery dies and i plug it in to charge, it takes forever for my phone to turn on again. when i hit the power button the silver "M" logo just stays on for a minute or so and then the screen goes black. I do this a half dozen times or so and then the phone will just randomly turn on.
I tried searching the forum for a solution but didn't have any luck. I'm pretty new to the D2G and to the whole smart phone world in general i guess, i've had this phone for about a month now.

it usually needs to charge to like 10 or 15% I believe before you can turn it on again, it's how it is for the DX so I never let mine die.

mine shows you a picture of a battery charging though and its %, yours should too I think.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
P

pooly_31

Reaction score
oh really? well that's inconvenient.

I'll have to pay closer attention, but i think it has done this when not plugged in as well.

nakhleh926

Reaction score
oh really? well that's inconvenient.

I'll have to pay closer attention, but i think it has done this when not plugged in as well.

if it's done that while not plugged in then that's out of my league :p, i'm sowwy, and I agree it is inconvenient, especially if you need your phone right away lol. mine is plugged in 80% of an average day, so I rarely deal with it, but when I do....&_&

OP
P

pooly_31

Reaction score
does leaving the phone plugged in all the time hurt the battery? On my old phone (an LG Dare) i'd only plug it in after it was completely dead and never used a car charger. That phone was 2.5 years old when i replaced it and the battery would only need to be charged one a week. Do these batteries still have the "memory" they used to talk about?

nakhleh926

Reaction score
does leaving the phone plugged in all the time hurt the battery? On my old phone (an LG Dare) i'd only plug it in after it was completely dead and never used a car charger. That phone was 2.5 years old when i replaced it and the battery would only need to be charged one a week. Do these batteries still have the "memory" they used to talk about?

I think they've been redesigned, I've been doing this since August 15th and my phone is fine, the older phones it was definitely an issue though.

CellZealot

Reaction score
Charging lithium-ion batteries

Some info about lithium ion batteries and how they work.

There is no memory with them and leaving them on the charger is fine and recommended. Running them dead before recharging is NOT recommended and will shorten their lifespan marginally.