D2G had a little water damage...

modedj

Reaction score
Alright, sooo, my D2G had a rough time dealing with some rain this past weekend...it got pretty soaked and refused to turn on...had water all underneath the screen and what not.

I opened up the battery cover pulled the battery out. and let it dry in the sun for a whole day. Tried to plug it in to charge it a bit and JUST the M logo would come up and stay up. Waited a couple hours, tried again and LOW AND BEHOLD it came back to life and showed the charging icon (battery cell with the fluid and 0%) Let it charge a couple hours and it miraculously began working again with no troubles. Under the backscreen was still a little wet but it dried out on its own over the last couple days. It was completely dried up by last night...at which point the phone decided to go back to the M logo and stay put there again..

..any ideas on what i should do? Not sure if the SBF would help, or if it'll take a different rom or anything...but as far as i know, i'll need to be able to access the recovery menu to load anything else up into it...when i hold 'x' and power on...it doesnt do much at this point...hell it doesnt even actually power on when i hit the power button. It only brings up the M icon when i plug it into it's wall charger....

HELP!

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
First, take that battery out immediately before you do any more damage.

I know we are past this point, but, Rule #1 Don't try to turn it on or insert the battery for a week. During that week it needs to be in a bag with silica gel (can purchase at a local hobby store).

If it is sticking at the M, flashing anything is not an option at this point. Go get some silica gel, or if you cant find it, the little packs you get from shoe boxes work, but you will need about 10 of them. If they are old you can refresh them by putting them on a pan in the oven @200 degrees for 20 minutes.

Put it in a small ziploc with the silica gel, open it up as much as possible (batt cover off, slider open) it helps a lot if you can disassemble it. Suck out the air from the bag.

Leave it in there for a week at this point. It gets tempting to try it out, but each time you do, and there is a drop of water in there somewhere, you take the chance at frying something inside. A week is a lot better than never.

I had this happen to my old D1, and it happened to my wifes D1 as well, i took mine completely apart and did the gel trick. Hers made it 100%, it was in the water for just a minute before i pulled the batt. Mine however was in the washing machine for 15 or so minutes, it made a 75% recovery. Water had collected under the stick on keyboard, which i had to peel away and let it air dry. I thought it was dry after the week, but had some button press issues, which led me to find the water under the keyboard.

Good luck!

dwilli9013

Reaction score
Just recovered my nephews samsaung reality which had been completely immersed in water.
Take your battery out put the phone battery and back plate into a ziploc bag of rice leave a couple of days. It is incredible how much moisture rice will absorb.
two days on my nephew's phone and it works like a champ. His was completely outside and frozen. I never would have believed it. He did not however try to turn the phone on. Good luck

DonH

Reaction score
drying out your phone

I haven't tried it with the D2G yet, but I heartily endorse the rice technique. It's worked for us with at least two other phones.