1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone Ringing After Hard Reboot (Result of Freezing)

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by Flyingace75, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Flyingace75

Flyingace75 New Member

Hi all,

Outside of some data/wifi issues with the Razr (wifi becomes unresponsive after long periods, minor data loss) I didn't have a problem with my Razr until tonight. As I was backing out of the browser program my phone decided to freeze for the very first time (I've had the phone since 11/11). The screen went black and I couldn't get it to do anything at all. I did a hard reboot (power/volume button). At first it went to the final red screen that occurs just before you see the home screen, but then it froze there. I pushed the power button and it started the whole rebooting process over again. On this second attempt it restarted, but it immediately began to ring as if I had a phone call. It wouldn't stop ringing! I ended up shutting the phone down with the power button (it was responsive thankfully) and restarting again. It restarted and has worked fine since then.

Is this a known issue or a sign that the unit is going bonkers? I'm wondering if I should contact Verizon. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
    Jo
  2. DroidXJoel

DroidXJoel New Member

When I reboot my phone and the first time I unlock my screen that happens to me as well. But all I need to of is turn off screen and then unlock again and it stops

Typed with my Rooted RAZR
  3. droidshot®

droidshot® New Member

Mine does that same thing as DroidXjoel. It works fine other than that.
  4. rg12law

rg12law New Member

Razr rings for no reason

After power off phone starts to ring for no reason when turned back on.
  5. nbsuperstar

nbsuperstar New Member

Same here, did anyone hear if ICS will fix this?
Search tags for this page

does my droid razor ring busy when it freezes

droid razor frozen and ringing

droid razr is buzzing for no reason why

how to know reason for ring in android

phone ringing when rebooted

phone will not stop ringing after reboot

why my razr maxx just starts ringing automatically