Phone Ringing After Hard Reboot (Result of Freezing)

Flyingace75

Reaction score
Hi all,

Outside of some data/wifi issues with the Razr (wifi becomes unresponsive after long periods, minor data loss) I didn't have a problem with my Razr until tonight. As I was backing out of the browser program my phone decided to freeze for the very first time (I've had the phone since 11/11). The screen went black and I couldn't get it to do anything at all. I did a hard reboot (power/volume button). At first it went to the final red screen that occurs just before you see the home screen, but then it froze there. I pushed the power button and it started the whole rebooting process over again. On this second attempt it restarted, but it immediately began to ring as if I had a phone call. It wouldn't stop ringing! I ended up shutting the phone down with the power button (it was responsive thankfully) and restarting again. It restarted and has worked fine since then.

Is this a known issue or a sign that the unit is going bonkers? I'm wondering if I should contact Verizon. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Jo

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Hi all,

Outside of some data/wifi issues with the Razr (wifi becomes unresponsive after long periods, minor data loss) I didn't have a problem with my Razr until tonight. As I was backing out of the browser program my phone decided to freeze for the very first time (I've had the phone since 11/11). The screen went black and I couldn't get it to do anything at all. I did a hard reboot (power/volume button). At first it went to the final red screen that occurs just before you see the home screen, but then it froze there. I pushed the power button and it started the whole rebooting process over again. On this second attempt it restarted, but it immediately began to ring as if I had a phone call. It wouldn't stop ringing! I ended up shutting the phone down with the power button (it was responsive thankfully) and restarting again. It restarted and has worked fine since then.

Is this a known issue or a sign that the unit is going bonkers? I'm wondering if I should contact Verizon. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Jo

When I reboot my phone and the first time I unlock my screen that happens to me as well. But all I need to of is turn off screen and then unlock again and it stops

Typed with my Rooted RAZR

droidshot®

Reaction score
Mine does that same thing as DroidXjoel. It works fine other than that.