Maxx, rebooting during activation

kingvandal

Reaction score
So I broke the screen on my maxx. Got a new one and installed it. Figured I should start out clean. So I did a factory wipe. Afterwards I realized I had not unrooted my phone...:angry: So everything went fine after reboot. Now sitting at the initial activation screen it says "Please wait, this could take a few minutes". Than after 1 to 2 minutes the phone restarts and the process starts over again. All the buttons work, touch screen buttons as well. I have been randomly getting a message that says "Your SIM is unreadable...". Could this be my issue? It is not rebooting at the activation screen on it's own though, only during activation attempt.

I have attempted the RSDLite AP fast reboot with VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml.zip with no luck. Tried the physcial reboot holding volumns buttons and power and selecting factory reset with no go.

Any ideas?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Did they send you a new SIM card?

If not might try going and getting a new one, they will give you one for free.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the droid forums... you mentioned holding both volume buttons down with the power button... try holding volume down and power.

Also remove your SD card and try the boot process. I know.. you're saying..why?? Just try it.. can't hurt right?

OP
K

kingvandal

Reaction score
Tried without sim and it says I need a sim to activate this phone. I have not got a new sim yet. Will likley on monday and report back.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I said the sdcard... the black chip... not the sim :)

OP
K

kingvandal

Reaction score
Well finally got the new sim card, took awhile for purchasing to get it $12...

Same thing. I have wiped the cache part, system part. What is the newest OS I can try to apply to it and where to download it?

pbickel

Reaction score
kingvandal said:
Well finally got the new sim card, took awhile for purchasing to get it $12...

Same thing. I have wiped the cache part, system part. What is the newest OS I can try to apply to it and where to download it?

This is gonna sound weird but make sure the sim is in correctly. My uncle had this problem with his RAZR and the problem was he had the sim upside down.

OP
K

kingvandal

Reaction score
This is gonna sound weird but make sure the sim is in correctly. My uncle had this problem with his RAZR and the problem was he had the sim upside down.

Only cause I have to make sure, does the sim pins go UP or down?