Phone freezing

heather13

Reaction score
Anyone else have a problem with their screen freezing? It's doesn't seem to be related to updates - totally random thing. Today I've had no issues, but two days ago I couldn't even answer a call because the phone began ringing (I was using the browser at the time) and screen went blank. I could hear the phone ringing but nothing on the screen. I finally restarted it and was able to call back fairly quickly, but very frustrating since similar issues happen a couple of times a week. Is this a quirk of a smartphone? Or Droid? Or Revolution? Or is it in need of a fix?

slimzim

Reaction score
Anyone else have a problem with their screen freezing? It's doesn't seem to be related to updates - totally random thing. Today I've had no issues, but two days ago I couldn't even answer a call because the phone began ringing (I was using the browser at the time) and screen went blank. I could hear the phone ringing but nothing on the screen. I finally restarted it and was able to call back fairly quickly, but very frustrating since similar issues happen a couple of times a week. Is this a quirk of a smartphone? Or Droid? Or Revolution? Or is it in need of a fix?

Mine freezes all the time. It can usually be fixed by just turning off the screen and turning it back on, but sometimes it needs to be rebooted and on even rarer occasions I need to pop the battery out. Pretty annoying. My phone is rooted by the way.

kenny420

Reaction score
freezing droid

its happening with me too

OP
H

heather13

Reaction score
update!

Had some other issues with the phone that are requiring a replacement to be sent. The Verizon rep noticed that I have Lookout installed which can hamper the phone and cause it to freeze. Evidently it's something that was recommended with Gen1 but no longer necessary.

So the lesson learned is that an app might be causing the issue without realizing it.